• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

JennyMorgan

Acle B.N.P.

21 minutes ago, marshman said:

Well - lets guess who will be writing??? Anyone else interested enough to.....????:default_biggrin:

Probably not you  :default_fishing1:

• Haha 1

On 20/01/2020 at 17:07, MauriceMynah said:

I don't know if this route has been explored, but the BA are allowed to use the term "Broads National Park" for marketing.

Are official road signs allowed to carry marketing signs ?

Good question although I am sure 1 or 2 

15 minutes ago, rightsaidfred said:

Good question although I am sure 1 or 2 

That is a somewhat mute point, as Norfolk County Council has classified them as boundary signs, a decision that has been challenged. Further installation of the signs has been halted while NCC consult the Department for Transport.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Please ignore last post the folly of trying to use phone with poor signal.

While no one can condone vandalism it would appear that those offended by the apparent misuse of public funds promoting something that isnt goes beyond the so called BA knockers on here given how widespread these signs are, hopefully someone in authority will note the amount of discontent that exists.

Fred*

• Like 1

See in the local rag that a graffiti artist or artists have put their stamp on one of the new Stadler trains in the MNR sidings near Wymondham. Hope they track down the culprits! Putting their own lives at risk potentially as could be the NP sign striker... I wonder if the new BNP signs should be “bagged” for the time being whilst the legalities are proven. Dydl are doing 20 black refuse sacks for only 79p this weekend. The mystery of what’s being covered up may even draw people to the area and give a boost at what is traditionally the doldrums for the broads tourism calendar.

Personally, i think the authorities would see money better spent by cutting back overgrown foliage covering road sign, especially speed limit signs. Also mend all the potholes in the roads.