Members Area/facebook

Serious question here if one of our technical gurus can help.

i know that this site is linked to Facebook. But I wonder if a post in the Members Area can be viewed by anyone who uses Facebook? In other words can Facebook be used as a 'portal' to access the Members area? 

Many thanks 

quick answer - no

facebook is entirely separate from the forum, if you want to view the forum, you need to log on, for the members area you need to have made a certain number of posts before you qualify, and then I have to remember to check post numbers occasionally to change membership status so you can view the members area.

• Thanks 1

There used to be a Facebook login option on the forum, but that would just create a profile on what we refer to as 'the NBN platform' which would be subject to the same rules about having enough qualifying posts.

Because tech giants like Facebook are forever changing the technical details of how such integration works, we dropped it as a login option quite a while ago as it just wasn't worth the effort of maintaining it from our side.

Our Facebook presence remains entirely separate from the NBN platform (the forum and mobile app) and the only common factor is the team who manage them.

• Thanks 3

For a quick screenshot on windows just hit "print screen" button on keyboard and open something like mspaint and "paste", the whole screen will appear as an image, select the bit you want and "crop" to cut out the rest and "save as" whatever you like, then you can upload the piccie to the forum the usual way.

Resizing may help too it it's a full page screenshot.

I would hope no posts of mine are appearing on faceache otherwise I'm off.......

rest assured posts here do not appear on facebook, unless you post either a link to them yourself, or someone else does (which would earn them an instant ban from the forum.) or post the same content to facebook.

the behaviour Ian is describing is the email notification that his topic (or any he has set notifications for) has been posted to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1