Another Wooden Boat For Sale

LizG

Sad indeed , I think like many others I would love to own a classic wooden cruiser but having neither the skills to maintain her nor the unlimited funds to pay someone else to do so my head overrules my heart .

When you look at the splendid job Herbert Woods did with Spark of Light you can see what £100k spent can do , but then the ongoing and continuous maintenance starts as is witnessed with our various fellow members with wooden craft. 

I salute anyone who takes a wooden boat on and thank god they do or we would all to quickly see them disappear , hopefully this boat will find a new suitably  skilled custodian soon 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Victoryv said:

Not the only one with a stepped deck, so has ours!

As does Maggie Jane meaning at least three still stepped.

1 hour ago, Victoryv said:

When buying a boat best not to think to much, just jump in!

And hope the floorboards are not floating when you land on them!!

I have a lot of fondness for this partcular Judith (or Judy as she was known back then) having spent a lot of time on her 6 or 7 years ago. In fact I was aboard her when I first met Victoryv.

9 hours ago, Victoryv said:

You were indeed, I can think of 4 with stepped decks.

Happy New Year to you and yours Dave, looking forward to it.

4 eh?

Maggie Jane

Judith M

Judy (as the one in the ad)

All Marthams are cut as is Judith Windmill.

Go on, name that boat!!

4 hours ago, Victoryv said:

Memory may not serve me well here, Judith Windmill ?

Gotcha! Lol :default_biggrin:

Windmill was cut down when the others were. II believe she is the only cut one in private ownership though.

There are a couple unaccounted for though. I don't know whether Ian broke any Judith's up when the Janet's in the graveyard all got the chop a couple of years ago? There are three Judiths in hire and four in private hands. Those are all still on the broads though so maybe one or two sneaked off  to other waterways?

All interesting stuff David 

Gotcha! Lol :default_biggrin:
Windmill was cut down when the others were. II believe she is the only cut one in private ownership though.
There are a couple unaccounted for though. I don't know whether Ian broke any Judith's up when the Janet's in the graveyard all got the chop a couple of years ago? There are three Judiths in hire and four in private hands. Those are all still on the broads though so maybe one or two sneaked off  to other waterways?
All interesting stuff David 

Yes we own Judith Windmill and she is the only one in private hands that's cut down as far as I know. Is this one for sale Judith of Martham?

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 1

I'm not sure if cut down is the correct technical term but in the case of Martham's Judith's and ours the step in the deck was removed(see photo) The one advertised has a step and also Judith M and Maggie Jane. Hope that helps explains it. tapatalk_1575999281468.jpeg

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, PeteBelham said:

I'm not sure if cut down is the correct technical term but in the case of Martham's Judith's and ours the step in the deck was removed(see photo) The one advertised has a step and also Judith M and Maggie Jane. Hope that helps explains it. tapatalk_1575999281468.jpeg

Looks ready for Beccles Pete

Here's a stepped one for you Sam. I will let you guess which one it is

P1010415.JPG.8c264c4ecc4cf8140ce8ee7978ab5bc9.JPG

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

At the original £1 price I'm tempted as I'm getting low on firewood........

:default_icon_twisted:

No use as firewood, been sunk, too damp, wont burn etc. Fibreglass, on the other hand, produces a nice warming glow :default_biggrin:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JanetAnne said:

Here's a stepped one for you Sam. I will let you guess which one it is

P1010415.JPG.8c264c4ecc4cf8140ce8ee7978ab5bc9.JPG

No use as firewood, been sunk, too damp, wont burn etc. Fibreglass, on the other hand, produces a nice warming glow :default_biggrin:

The polyestermite content of burning fibreglass makes for delicious eating, waste not, want not!

• Haha 1