Hardley Dyke Mooring Contact Info

smitch6

hi not sure if it's called langley dyke or hardley dyke

the small dead end bit on the river yare that has annual morrings along each side,

but does anyone know the contact details for them pls?

as i'm after annual moorings as near to beccles as possible which are cheappppp

thanks

I believe that it is a Parish dyke, you can always waddle down there on a sunny day, there might be someone about that you can ask. Most Parish moorings have a waiting list but it does help if you live locally, have a straight family tree going back at least five generations and a tendency to go ooh ahhh when an aeroplane flies overhead. Being a Norwich City season ticket holder is a real deal clincher.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Adopt my mantra -  if you dont ask you dont get.   They can only say no.    From what I have seen down there at times there has been gaps,  now whether it is just boats out and about , may be.   I am sure there is a notice board down there,  may be some info on there.    I know one thing that on good days it makes a fantastic walk, your choice go left or right just as perfect.      Well kept always well kept.   No leccy or water but it is perfect.

• Like 1

Langley dyke has free mooring at its head, but Hardley dyke is all private moorings. However, hire and other private boats are legally allowed to cruise up and down Hardley dyke, but to discourage this they advertise "narrow dyke, difficult to turn, hire craft not recommended".

13 hours ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Langley dyke has free mooring at its head, but Hardley dyke is all private moorings. However, hire and other private boats are legally allowed to cruise up and down Hardley dyke, but to discourage this they advertise "narrow dyke, difficult to turn, hire craft not recommended".

There would be only one way a huge hire boat would get on once down the dyke and that is reversing all the way back down again.   There are some lovely private boats down there.    I dont think I have ever seen anything tatty at all.   A good mixture of sailies and stinkies.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

A critical factor. I don't think there is anywhere walkable even for Fireman Sam.

Only about 40-45 minute walk to The White Horse at Chedgrave Mr Nog. It wouldn't stop me, might be an issue for the lady though :default_biggrin:

I'd have to remember to take my credit card of course :default_smiley-angelic002:

Not that I'd be allowed there, riff raff and all that :default_hiding:

In years gone by it was one of my father's favourite moorings when we came down south until..............the day WR broke down and mother and I had to walk into Chedgrave to find a phone box and phone Herbert Woods to come out to fix her.  Needless to say the engineer went to Langley Dyke first by mistake!  There was a wild mooring half way down the dyke but otherwise no other boats!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jayfire said:

Only about 40-45 minute walk to The White Horse at Chedgrave Mr Nog. It wouldn't stop me, might be an issue for the lady though :default_biggrin:

I'd have to remember to take my credit card of course :default_smiley-angelic002:

Not that I'd be allowed there, riff raff and all that :default_hiding:

45 MINUTES ???? On more than one occasion I'v been asked at the Upton basin " where's the pub then ?"  When told its about a 5 minute walk my reply is grreted with a horrified " WE'VE GOT TO WALK ?". They then turn around (eventually :default_norty:) and head off to somewhere where walkin isn't part of the itinery .

• Like 3

Walking more than 20 yards seems to be alien to some folk! I love walking around the Broads area, riverbank or otherwise, there are some lovely footpaths and tracks. It’s not so easy now as it used to be but having dogs makes you get out and about and helps keep you fit. :55c8f94984577_default_AnimatedGifDogs(127):

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, vanessan said:

Walking more than 20 yards seems to be alien to some folk! I love walking around the Broads area, riverbank or otherwise, there are some lovely footpaths and tracks. It’s not so easy now as it used to be but having dogs makes you get out and about and helps keep you fit. 

I'm in far too much trouble already today it seems Mrs V to mention walking restrictions, everyone knows I hate being in trouble :default_smiley-angelic002:

I do have to say though that walking my b*tch on the footpaths beside and around the rivers until we reach the pub is almost as enjoyable as the cruising itself....

Almost :default_smile: