Hardley Dyke Mooring Contact Info

smitch6

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 14:39, vanessan said:

Walking more than 20 yards seems to be alien to some folk! I love walking around the Broads area, riverbank or otherwise, there are some lovely footpaths and tracks. It’s not so easy now as it used to be but having dogs makes you get out and about and helps keep you fit. :55c8f94984577_default_AnimatedGifDogs(127):

Not a big fan of walking I must admit.  In fact  I would go as far as to say that  my feet are only there to stop my ankles from fraying!

Carole

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 07/01/2020 at 16:43, JennyMorgan said:

Probably all local inbreds so it'll be a  l o n g, l o n g wait! 

so probably one name twenty two times.....

strangely enough one or other dyke was advertising moorings available not that long ago. obviously the advertising was very successful. There is a dyke off the Waveney just by Burgh St Peter which I believe belongs to the house "Dick's Mount" which IIRC once offered a casual let of one or two of it's moorings. I'm not sure if it still does, or if my memory is telling me fibs which if it is then I hope I have not offended any "Dicksmountians".

The Dick's Mount house and moorings have been for sale for several years. One time owned by the much loved and legendary Charles Collier (one time Broads Authority river inspector). Charlie was a true Broadsman of the highest calibre, he welcomed classic Broads sailing boats to moor in 'Colliers Dyke'.  Whether 'stinkies' have been allowed to infiltrate those hallowed waters I really don't know. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Often walk along the footpath by Hardley Dyke. Lots of moorings there - close together and a dead end dyke. Whats the max length of boat that could moor there - any idea of the cost of a mooring??? The dyke is quite narrow but at the end is a turning point where a 35 foot boat could turn. Most of the moorings have small craft on them - have seen a few Broom 30 foot craft moored there.