Stoves GG7000 Combination Oven Replacement

Hi Everyone!

Well as many of you may know, since taking ownership of our boat, "Evening Star" we have embarked this year on a refit that has seen a fairly major transformation of the interior. I have now had the opertunity to turn my attention to the galley appliances.

I have seen the combination oven installed in ES as a commonplace install in many hire boats. The appliance that is fitted is manufactured by "Stoves" part of the "Glen / Dimplex" Group. Spares are quite sparse now as the oven has not been manufactured for some years. Our oven is past it's best to be honest, and I am particularly worried about the boat safety test (ES's is due in March 2011) with respect to the installed gas appliances.

So, no chance of finding a replacement from Stoves then? Although they do still make an LPG Combi oven in the same width but it does not have the separate grill and so the height is less, leaving an unsightly gap underneath. Here lies the problem....

After many hours Googling I came upon a small manufacturer ("SPINFLO") who make a range of LPG fired appliences for Caravan and Boat installations. They have a specially resized version of thier Midi-Prima LPG oven that has been manufactured as a direct replacement for the STOVES GG7000. The Model is:

SPINFLO MIDI PRIMA 72000 LPG

It features a separate grill and oven with 12v spark ignition and an itegral pan draw. The RRP on the oven is £550.00 inc. VAT. I couldn't believe my luck last week when scouring ebay I found an online chandler who had seven in stock at £ 275.00 each plus £ 9.95 Delivery ! So guess what I will Be installing at the weekend ?? Perfect, available in stainless steel to match the new hob, back splash, sink and drainer unit.

Some pictures to follow next week on our refit thread....

cheers!

Andy...