Horizon 43

Guest horizon43

Hi,

I am new to this forum, and following a recent post that i read on the internet regarding a Mr Richardson of stalham boat yard having built this particular boat i am keen to find out more.

We have owned our horizon 43 (Montana) for approx 10 years now and in all the time we have owned the boat we have never really known much about it other than we once met somebody who had owned one many years ago and he told us it they were built on the broads. I have only ever seen 2 others a non flybridge model (believed to of been fitted with a flybridge origianlly) and a flybridge model like ours.

Is there anybody out there that can shed any light on them? info/pictures would be great if possible.

Many Thanks Josh

montana1.jpg

Hi Josh,

My Dad made these at our stalham boatyard then at Catfield in the 70s,

Its good to see someone getting use from one of the 43s, I have never seen one in the 'flesh' although I have seen 2 for sale over the last few years. I think only about 12 were made by us before we sold the moulds to a chap in Kewait.

There is a bit more info here viewtopic.php?f=55&t=6669&hilit=slides+of+the+0s

where do you have her moored?

cheers..

Thats great thanks c.ricko (sorry i dont know your name) the boat is moored in farndon marina on the river trent, we do use the boat quite alot on the river trent, humber and quite a bit on the north sea whitby, scarborough usually.

Its fitted with a pair of Ford Mermaids 250hp each its also got a generator, a 1.5 bmc unit, do you know if this will of been original?

And yes thanks andy :grin: was just about to send you a p.m thanks for your help

Many thanks Josh

Hi Josh,

My Dad made these at our stalham boatyard then at Catfield in the 70s,

Its good to see someone getting use from one of the 43s, I have never seen one in the 'flesh' although I have seen 2 for sale over the last few years. I think only about 12 were made by us before we sold the moulds to a chap in Kewait.

There is a bit more info here viewtopic.php?f=55&t=6669&hilit=slides+of+the+0s

where do you have her moored?

cheers..

Clive - a question..........

The Horizon 43 looks very similar to the Bruce Roberts "Waverunner" design. I once thought of buying the plans and fabricating a new boat (maybe not now).

[

Clive - a question..........

The Horizon 43 looks very similar to the Bruce Roberts "Waverunner" design. I once thought of buying the plans and fabricating a new boat (maybe not now).

Was that a Question? :)

John Bennett designed the boat, we built the plug and mould then built about 15 and sold the moulds abroad.

It is very similar (in my opinion) to the Aquafibre 42' hull which he also designed..

With regard to the Bruce Roberts boats, I recon it would be worth waiting for an abandoned project as there seems to normally be couple for sale most of the time (a very nice one a couple of weeks ago on Ebay)