Sutton Staithe Hotel

JennyMorgan

6 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

I never paid any rent but my split was a straight 50/50 whether pool table, video game or fruit machine.

When I operated from 1980 I could offer a 50/50 split on Pool tables (most landlords preferred a low rental) 50/50 split on video games after the Vat was paid on the cash box total, the same with bar billiards. Under the gaming act operators could only offer a rental on Fruit Machines and Pin Tables offering a 50/50 split was against the law.

5 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Under the gaming act operators could only offer a rental on Fruit Machines and Pin Tables offering a 50/50 split was against the law.

In my case I was effectively renting floor space to the operator on a variable rent, don't think for one minute that he, a very reputable operator from Yarmouth, would have done anything untoward, not worth risking his gaming licence.