• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

Sign in to follow this  
Polly

Brother Printer Problem

I have a Brother DCP-9020CDW Colour Laser Printer and it has worked well for say 18 months. Now double sided copy or print jams as it takes side 1 back through for side 2 to be printed. 

I have updated the firmware and reset the whole thing but without success.  Any ideas? Help!:default_badday:

look for a tiny torn corner of paper stuck somewhere in the paper path, its usually either that or the rubber rollers need cleaning as they are clogged with paper dust and gone slick, we usually have to get the engineer in about once a year to clear our work photocopier when this happens.

help page for 2 side paper jams here -

https://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=gb&lang=en&prod=dcp9020cdw_eu&ftype3=1969&faqid=faq00000310_014

it appears that the printer might use the space under the paper tray when it turns the page over, so make sure there is nothing blocking this area

• Like 1

Yes thanks Grendel, it does use under the tray, but it isn’t getting that far, it is crunching up at the back as soon as it starts feeding back. I will look again for a fragment. :default_blink:

normally what you find is one paper jams, then in removing it a piece tears off, thus repeating the problem

Not in this case it just creases up behind the rear access hatch. I will get a led light on it and an air cleaner. :default_blink:

I can almost guarantee something is blocking the path the paper takes, or a roller isnt doing its job properly

• Like 1

I agree jamming is an issue the paper at times jams on feed in or it concertinas, when it is at the back or multiplexing it can be as Peter says a piece of paper jamming or it can be the pinch rollers.

I will investigate tomorrow and report back.:default_winko:

try manually feeding a sheet of paper through the path where the paper normally passes, you will usually find any obstruction and sometimes it will be pushed out as you push the paper through.

Sorted thanks! It took a long ruler and a lot of patience but the offending paper is now in the bin. 
Advice much appreciated.

It was not a small bit of paper either!

13 hours ago, grendel said:

true, the problem is usually finding it

Yeah, that's what my girlfriend was always telling me.