Yet Another Scam

20 hours ago, twowrights said:

True story:

A friend of mine gave the same reply a couple of years ago, one day  a couple of weeks later at around 3-am he got a phone call and the voice on the other end said in a laughing tone of voice " haha now you F off!"

Lucky for me it's my business line answering machine and I am able to switch the ringer off between 22.30 to 07.00 :default_biggrin:

• Like 1

if you lot think you are the only ones getting scammed, no - this came in via the contact form to the forum mailbox this morning 

Gunter Gram ( fax.promotion@consultant.com ) said:

Good Morning,
My names is Mr. Gunter Luz Gram, I’m a lawyer base in Vienna Austria, I sent you a message last week regarding a transaction of US$9.2 Million left by my deceased client before his sudden death. Unfortunately I could not read any email you sent till now. For this reason, I am writing to give you my personal email to communicate with you.
If you’re interested and want me to feed you with more information about this transaction, please write me on this email: gunter.gram@glplawfirms.com TEL: +43 670 309 9097.
After the transaction I will want us to donate 10% of this money to charity organizations while the remaining 90% will be shared between us thus 45% each;
Once I hear from you I will feed you with more information and I m sure you will be happy at the end.
Please Stay Safe and I look forward to your response.
Yours sincerely
Mr. Gunter L Gram
Email: gunter.gram@glplawfirms.com
Telephone: +43 670 309 9097

Dear sir, I'm writing to you on behalf of the Clandestine Special Operations Unit of the Milk Marketing Board. The activities of agent T1M80 is on a need to know basis and if you do know could you please tell us? Please send any information along with a signed blank cheque.

• Haha 4

My son was telling me that they are getting people dressed in medical gear knocking on older people telling them they have come to check them for virus taking them into a room while leaving front door open to let a accomplice in to robe the house while they keep occupants distracted, beware if you get a knock on the door. John

• Sad 1

A whole host of stories on the news this morning. Mainly idiots trying to scam people regard ppe stuff Pretending to the NHS when they text you.For what it's worth I would  only order from well known  trusted suppliers  not cold calling/texts.Only people coming to your house .Delivery people. Any one medical would pre arrange a visit, not just turn up.

I think these scammers in many respects are worse then bank robbers.They prey on many poor souls that often dont have much money. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

As I speak think marina is the victim of a scam.Just arrived from DHL a parcel from 02 a iPad £1000.Marina received a email  from Apple regarding A iPad.She checked it out it was a scam.So today this arrived .Shes checked with 02 again and yes it's a scam.Oddly another chap appeared at 10 minutes  ago saying we received  a parcel which  was a mistake, yes I said it's a illegal delivery  and is a scam.Yes he said and went away.Marina is now on the phone to the Police.These people  are the lowest of the low.I hope there fingers drop off.

Be aware.

• Sad 1

So update,firstly  another chap turned up and said  the parcel  was delivered by mistake. Funny that it had Marina's name and our address on it.Marina phoned the Police, while she was on the phone yet another  man turned up and said the same thing.Think he was from a cab company. Che came to collect  it as it was a mistake  he said.I told home no it's a scam and Marina is speaking to the Police  now.This man clearly  had Google maps and when I mentioned  the Police he's phone went dead.Do we need this rubbish  right now No.Just be careful and check deliverys. If something  comes by mistake dont hand it back ensure you have receipt of return.Or like us let the correct  company and or the police  deal with it.

• Sad 1

Marina  posted on a local group  on Facebook. This scam is doing  the rounds locally. If it happens  to you ,dont give  it back,phone the Police and make sure you speak to your bank .Clearly  they wanted it back two people came to us saying it was a mistake. Just tell them the Police  are dealing  with it.I really hate these people .

If the goods are truely  unsolicited then I believe you are entitled to keep them, however in this type of case I would definitly involve the police as you are likely to be dealing with criminal elements and messing with them on your own may have a bad outcome(they know where you live etc).

The point is She did not order them it's up to the  Police  what to do with it.It may well be stolen, besides which we dont want it.
You'll very likely find that the sender was genuine, it was the order that was a scam and the people trying to collect it are the scammers. It's an old one that has been going the rounds for years.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

4 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

None of this is genuine the mobile number was false and 02 did not send it to Marina.Taking with the Police  this is a scam no doubt  about it.

Yes it is a scam. I am having an OAP relapse. How do the perpetrators of the evil deed make their money? 

My guess  some people  wrongly  give it back or even pay for the thing.My guess there stolen. Marina spoke  to a few people, and they said they would have given  it back.I've said before but worth repeating. In any time scams are the lowest of the low,but in this dreadful  time it's even worse .I hope they are caught and thrown in  Prison. 

They make money by getting the product selling/keeping it and leaving the innocent party to pay the bill.

Marina, If you can get an email address only for online purchases.

I have many email addresses for different sites.

The last one generated about 60 spam messages a day now deleted from all devices.

No more ebay for me.

paul

Thought this scam had Finnished. Last night another  chap turned up asking for the parcel.Sent him away also.Marina spoke with the Police.A Police man came round  just now taking more details.Thankfully they now have the unwanted parcel. So whoever's is responsible are welcome  to collect  the parcel from Bexleyheath Police  station. 

This scam is seemingly quite common in SE London area - they order the stuff with your details and they sit outside the house waiting for the postman and then pretend they are the recipient - who they say is out or they are just going in so you need not deliver to the house. The postman then hands it over and bobs your uncle! Happened to one of my family in Orpington. The parcel was a computer from John Lewis and they nearly got away with it but the post was delivered early.

You get no goods, but a bill - you say you have not had delivery  and you can probably get away with paying the bill too!