Dishonesty Regarding Toll Rise?

JennyMorgan

42 minutes ago, marshman said:

Not even the BA would be foolish enough to take spoil from Oulton to Rockland - thats an 8 hr round trip!

And the Postwick tip (a 12hr round trip!) is a "lined" tip to specifically take the contaminated spoil from the upper reaches of the Yare - use that and where would you put that spoil as they are the only lined pits the BA have access to.

As I thought then: now it doesn't look like such a bad deal after all, and I note that the BA don't just get the use of the land for the moorings, ownership will be transferred so they get an asset.

16 minutes ago, floydraser said:

As I thought then: now it doesn't look like such a bad deal after all, and I note that the BA don't just get the use of the land for the moorings, ownership will be transferred so they get an asset.

Is it as you thought and yet neither you or marshman come up with any alternatives ??? .

What on Earth makes you think SWT will give the land ( transfer ownership ) to BA

1 hour ago, marshman said:

Not even the BA would be foolish enough to take spoil from Oulton to Rockland - thats an 8 hr round trip!

And the Postwick tip (a 12hr round trip!) is a "lined" tip to specifically take the contaminated spoil from the upper reaches of the Yare - use that and where would you put that spoil as they are the only lined pits the BA have access to.

I would also question how much good in the short term, are loads of wet slurry to the SWT? I am sure PW will tell us exactly what they are going to do with it, but normally you cannot touch it for a couple of years  - are they going to use the pump that is currently up in Hickling to pump it ashore? Perhaps he can furnish us with the details as I am interested!

If Rockland is the nearest place the it goes there , regardless of how long it is , infact quite alot when Rockland was dredged went to postwick and I'm well aware as to why that was as the original idea was to dump it close by but due to the nature of the product it had to go to postwick . I did notice you completely failed to give an alternative site !!! Maybe had you done your attack of another's comment would have got more credibility .

54 minutes ago, floydraser said:

and I note that the BA don't just get the use of the land for the moorings, ownership will be transferred so they get an asset.

As I understand it the new mooring is to be of the floating pontoon type. Must say that I wasn't aware that any ownership was to be transferred so I won't argue that point other than to suggest that what little land is actually involved would be of little or no real value other than that it will be rent free, or at least I hope so.