broadlander

Guest spb

Hi Steve and welcome.

The thread title is bound to catch Terry's eye and I'm sure he'll be able to give you more info ... in the meantime you might like to check out his thread full of photos of Richardson's fleet in the 1960s which I think has photos of Broadlander 1:

http://www.thenorfolkbroads.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4080

Are you currently restoring her?

Carol

Hi Carol,thanks for the welcome.

Broadlander 1 does not appear to be in any photos there, I'll keep trawling.

As you see from the current pics, she is in a sorry state and realistically beyond my scope and budget, and getting worse as topsides are not watertight so the rain is getting in. I will invite Clive to take a look when I get time to visit her again.

Steve

post-1000-136713772363_thumb.jpg

post-1000-136713772392_thumb.jpg

post-1000-136713772413_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
Guest DAYTONA-BILL

I`m assuming you`ve tried to sell her, so why not take any offer on her to someone who can do the job, or indeed offer her for nothing?. It`s got to be better than burning her, as there are very few of these beautiful boats left. There are too many people throwing serious amounts of cash at "lost causes", but nobody will be prepared to fund the upkeep of a fine piece of Broads, and Richardsons history.

Clive im shure i sent you a pm with a link to Boats & outboards with what looked like one of your ex woodies but couldn't be shure it was do you still have that pm....

Jonny ice sliceice sliceice slice

The other link you sent is now out of date, I think the boat was up for £13,000 but it looked much worse than this Broadlander.

yer i think that might be it i looked trolled through B & O for a good hour & i couldn't find the advert....

the one in the first like was stunning for the price & was surprised she dint sell

Jonny ice sliceice slice

the second one was advertised as a Broom,

I have the link but the advert as been removed.

noway in hell did that look like a broom the bow was very narrow like BV that's why i thought she might be an ex Richo's

Jonny ice slice

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

They list her as being built in 72, is that right Clive, as i thought Richardsons had gone over to building GRP boats by then?. Regards .................... Neil.

• 4 months later...
Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Why don`t you buy her and renovate her you did BV Clive?. Then you could put her back in the hire fleet, or better still, why not use her as a plug and take a moulld from her?. Then you could build several in GRP, but look like a traditional boat. It would be good to see a fleet of brand new GRP Broadlanders, or am i just living in the world of fantasy :):) .

Hi Neil, I would not be keen on doing another as I have not properly finished the first! I did have a conversation about making a fiberglass version but I am not sure it is a good idea and probably just left in fantasy land :lol: