Anyone For Drinks?

SPEEDTRIPLE

Many thanks for that Pally.

The reason i wanted to post this is because i had just caught up on the thread about "Broad Ambition, the model", and made a comment that i have skills but no dexterity. Well, my skills went in to building the horshoe bar in the pic. I built the fiirst 8 of them for the Emirates 380 fleet. Now they have the mk2 version, which i`ve had no input. I`was also involved in the manufacture of the the chilled bar immediately behind, as well as the sofas which are a bit out of shot. To the right, but out of shot, though you can just see the small cut off at the bottom right of the picture, is a trolley stowage unit with a massive monitor screen above.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Many thanks for that Pally.

The reason i wanted to post this is because i had just caught up on the thread about "Broad Ambition, the model", and made a comment that i have skills but no dexterity. Well, my skills went in to building the horshoe bar in the pic. I built the fiirst 8 of them for the Emirates 380 fleet. Now they have the mk2 version, which i`ve had no input. I`was also involved in the manufacture of the the chilled bar immediately behind, as well as the sofas which are a bit out of shot. To the right, but out of shot, though you can just see the small cut off at the bottom right of the picture, is a trolley stowage unit with a massive monitor screen above.

Respect.   :default_icon_bowdown:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The company i work for won a contract to manufacture a seat deviding console, which combined a mini bar, magazine rack, and a couple of small lockers, one which contained the lifejacket, the other contained a pair of slippers and an eye cover for relaxation and sleeping. I was tasked to finish the mock up, which was sent out to the customer (Sicma seeting, and Emirates) which they wanted changeing. I did all the mods, including suggestions for design and manufacturing modification, and resubmitted it. The customers acceopted it, and i took it through to full production and "first article inspection". It turned out it was the classic "spratt to catch a mackerel" job. It was also the project that saved the company. 

I felt a lot of pride in what i achieved, but, after i built the round bars, i got sideways moved because i caught the production manager out lying, which really hit me hard. As such, i was never given a chance to work on any more of the major executive projects again, despite having several section supervisors requesting me to be transfered to their projects. 

Needles to say, i lost faith in the company, and although i still work there, i`m counting down the last 3 1/2 years til i retire.

• Sad 4

I have probably seen your craftmanship which makes a huge difference in the 14hr haul from the Gulf to Melbourne. Especially the private shower and toilet. The Emirates 380 is so luxurious. I know it is all economics but the Dreamliner is notin the same class for passenger comfort.IMG-20190507-WA0006.thumb.jpg.ca70ae2ea9dc52e60c46e559b9114ba2.jpgIMG-20190507-WA0002.thumb.jpg.4949527b27bff9420cf02c75e47e4f66.jpgIMG-20190507-WA0001.thumb.jpg.4a4d4fd1a54ee27b3c4562a8f5cffb0c.jpgIMG-20190507-WA0004.thumb.jpg.20a49174803c3f439fb959e805916c18.jpgIMG-20190507-WA0001.thumb.jpg.4a4d4fd1a54ee27b3c4562a8f5cffb0c.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

The company i work for won a contract to manufacture a seat deviding console, which combined a mini bar, magazine rack, and a couple of small lockers, one which contained the lifejacket, the other contained a pair of slippers and an eye cover for relaxation and sleeping. I was tasked to finish the mock up, which was sent out to the customer (Sicma seeting, and Emirates) which they wanted changeing. I did all the mods, including suggestions for design and manufacturing modification, and resubmitted it. The customers acceopted it, and i took it through to full production and "first article inspection". It turned out it was the classic "spratt to catch a mackerel" job. It was also the project that saved the company. 

I felt a lot of pride in what i achieved, but, after i built the round bars, i got sideways moved because i caught the production manager out lying, which really hit me hard. As such, i was never given a chance to work on any more of the major executive projects again, despite having several section supervisors requesting me to be transfered to their projects. 

Needles to say, i lost faith in the company, and although i still work there, i`m counting down the last 3 1/2 years til i retire.

Sorry, I intended to quote you before I posted above is the above the unit for drinks and mags you designed.

1 hour ago, ChrisB said:

Sorry, I intended to quote you before I posted above is the above the unit for drinks and mags you designed.

No, the unit I built was an in-between unit. It separated 2 centre line seats and was floor standing. I never really took many pics of the things I've built, because I always thought I'd be in trouble, now however, I think i'l take them for memories sake. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

A birthday card I enjoyed, given modern trends, showed a waiter standing at the table of a couple of diners, with one diner saying...

"Oh not for me thank you, I couldn't photograph another thing."

You are not yet fully into your S10 then!