first trip to the broads

Guest craggie

spent my first few days on the broads but not in a boat found out some of my mates were spending a few days fishing down here and asked if i could tag along and get a feel of the place and look round a few boat yards our accomodation was a caravan not a boat so didnt actually get on the rivers by managed to take a look at richardsons whisperiring reeds, royalls and the one at ludham forgot its name think its drl so got a few idea,s for next year went to some good pubs the dog and kings arms at ludham ,the pleasure boat at hickling the rising sun at coltishall a couple in wroxham and horning bridge at acle and some in stalham we met some great people very friendly who gave me advice and thoughts on the broads particularly at the bridge wher some fellow forum peole from something called the nbo were having some sort of awards spoke to some one called roy who seemed very knowlegable about the the broads and some one called pete who is on this site as well

it woul;d have been nice to meet some other members from this forum but i can save that for next year when im down no opffence to anglers on this sight but i felt a lot better driving round looking at places rather than sat in the wind rain and hail which my mates experienced during the week i am now looking forward to my hol,s next year to see the broads from the other side hope i can get a chance to meet a few of you i am sure you will be a friendly as the other forum people i av met i notice you have occasions when you all meet up so i hope one co incides with my holidays and i can attend one

Glad you enjoyed your trip Craggie, but to see the Broads at their best, the only way is by boat! :grin:

But he did get to the Pleasure Boat on Hickling, and I haven't managed that by boat for a very long time! :lol::lol:

Craggie,

Remember when the brochures say "will pass under Potter Heigham bridge" what they actually mean is

"will pass under Potter Heigham bridge, if the lowest tide in history occurs

during the pilot's operating hours in the week that you decided to come".

I was looking at next August and the lowest tides all fall outside of the pilot's operating hours

so I don't think I will get through next year!

Anyway glad you enjoyed your reconnaisance trip!

Martin