As Seen On Youtube, Broads & Non Broads.

Paul

28 minutes ago, Lulu said:

I also feel I need to get a bobble hat. Seemed to be the in thing back in the day 😁

They even got Jim Brooker of Blakes wearing one!

Sorry about the quality but the photo is from Blakes catalogue of 1964, same year as the film.

The photo was taken on my father's River Cruiser, Evening Flight, on Wroxham Broad.

449532274_jimbrookerbobblehat.thumb.jpeg.3b34d786ba9ad3c6b9504e57cfdb5d5b.jpeg

• Like 2

What a wonderful film, and put together quite well considering the editing equipment available at that time. So many of the scens hadn't changed from today. I noticed that the decks on the boat they were on, were very wide by today's standards. It also got me thinking that Ludham Bridge can be chaotic at times now. What must it have been like when there were between 2.000 and 3,000 boats all vying to get under?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Thanks very much Liz, I hadn't seen that before.

Nice to see Dougie Blewitt on the mainsheet and I noticed David Bray as well. Dougie was chairman of the trust at that time.

Thank you. I assumed you had seen it. I'm so amazed that I had never heard of this adventure! I was expecting to see you on board!!!

Since the title of this thread includes "Non Broads" I offer you this video I made during my 1-week vacation on Mallorca at the end of September this year:

The trains are a real gem - lovingly maintained.  The journey takes about an hour each way.

What I missed filming was on the climb out of Soller (return journey) the train driver had to do an emergency stop due to a car that shot across his bows.  Then both drivers had a great argument!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...