Anti Slip Decking

I am not sure the original Trakmark as the stuff used on boats for several decades was called, is still available. I think it actually may have ceased production years ago.

Someone will probably tell you if someone else makes a similar product, but if so , I have not seen it around - although I have not really been looking to be fair!

1 hour ago, marshman said:

I am not sure the original Trakmark as the stuff used on boats for several decades was called, is still available. I think it actually may have ceased production years ago.

Someone will probably tell you if someone else makes a similar product, but if so , I have not seen it around - although I have not really been looking to be fair!

Trakmark, made by Dunlop, has been out of production for years, however, recently, a large number of complete rolls came onto the market when army surplus sold off their stock. Seems it was used in tank insulation or something. All the rolls were in beige.

It is genuine trakmark old stock and quite a few local boatyard s grabbed some stock.

Trackmark use has its issues as that’s what Malanka’s wheelhouse roof and decks are covered in. The glue is OLD and it’s not fantastic but when done nicely it looks great. I’m not sure I’d describe Malankas decks as beige more orange brown when new and it does fade but it was a bit phew that’s bright when first laid. 33C96800-1C78-459D-B050-0DBB15280D70.thumb.jpeg.f9a3f1fcefdc7e7c792a1e9d491180cf.jpeg

Dek-King'  Supplied by Wilks (Ipswich) along with adhesives / fitting tools etc.  A flexible Upvc available in a variety of colours / shades / widths  It can also be professionally fitted.  Onboard, I / We did it oursens, proper pleased with the results.  No longer will we have to rub down / prep and repaint the decks every couple of years or so

Griff

BA NBN 390.JPG

BA NBN 391.JPG

BA NBN 392.JPG

BA NBN 394.JPG

BA NBN 395.JPG

BA NBN 491.JPG

• Like 3

When we rafted up with BA in Ranworth and had some drinks ( or two) in the summer. 

or when crossing Breydon at 11mph in the scorching sun whilst towing a dinghy

The bad bit was having to listen to all the 70’s glam rock tunes. Although we both blasted out ballroom blitz 

• Like 3

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...
16 hours ago, BrundallNavy said:

Are you talking trakmark or painted anti slip.  

i think it is the trakmark, its not painted on. i would add a photo, but dont want o jinx anything before the sale is complete.