Tarpaulin Repair

Seeing as this has morphed somewhat onto cars, I would add that I used to have an Austin 1800, the one that was so popular with taxi fleets. It was a very fine car and served me well. Yes, it had a few body work cosmetic treatments equivalent to hip and knee replace ment posiibly pluys a heart transplant! My dream at the time was to upgrade to the Wolseley 2.2 Vanden Plas! Never quite managed it.

10 hours ago, Regulo said:

It put me off of those, surely! :default_laugh:. It was my one and only 1100, the rest were Fords, a couple of Montegos, 3 Rovers and a few odd-bods. All were complete rust-buckets. Then I discovered Volvos. 3 in 25 years, and not a sniff of rust on any of them.

Yep, that's why I expect and hope my XC90 will see me out.

Let me remind you of what all that rust looked like:

pillarhole.JPG

rearscreenrust.JPG

My TR7 rear screen inside and out.

• Sad 1

On 28/01/2020 at 21:28, floydraser said:

Minigem. I agree, and I'm going to look for something like the iron on stuff they use for lorry tarps as I wouldn't trust new sewing. Although the present Mrs Raser has 8 sewing machines! Don't ask.

In all possibility you could stick something such as Gorilla tape and also 3M do a good tape that I have used myself to bodge up my ageing cover until I eventually bought a new one after around a year.

Basically, the saying which is very true " don't throw good money after bad".  If you have access to a sewing machine or can sew it yourself or tape it up then do it  unfortunately the cover will rip again where the stitches are as is evidenced in your pictures.. The cover is at the end of its serviceable life, UV has taken its toll as it does so just junk it and find some other way of covering the boat.