New Beginning For The Beauchamp Arms?

JennyMorgan

https://www.facebook.com/events/590811994987170/

My wife and I attended a music event there last spring. The band plugged in, the circuits blew! I looked under the stage, ohhhh dear! Hopefully that disaster has been sorted. Lots of New Age folk, good company, good day, just no amplified music! Fingers crossed for this year. New landlord, anybody know what's going on?

• Like 1

Oooo, er, that sounds like a bouncy house crew ie boom boom boom. If it's inside it will certainly rattle the walls. Don't get me wrong, I've played drums in bands but suspect this will be loud! 

I assume Hollocks still owns the place. 

It's always closed whenever I've passed but I seem to recall Fireman Sam got in touch and was advised of the opening hours. 

9 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

It's always closed whenever I've passed but I seem to recall Fireman Sam got in touch and was advised of the opening hours. 

Sure did,

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 4pm till close

Saturday and Sunday 12pm till close.

I'll be dropping in very soon so will let you know what I find :default_norty:

47 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

I assume Hollocks still owns the place. 

Regretfully.

Perhaps if the man hadn't upset the planning authorities then he might, I repeat might achieve something worthwhile, both there and at Berney. Beauchamp is a place that begs development. It's happened at Burgh St Peter, it could and , in all fairness, should happen there.

• Like 3

In my eyes, it just doesn't look inviting.  The moorings are inadequate,  with a couple of liveaboards permanently there, too.  I've never been tempted to visit and unless it undergoes some external improvements to entice me to moor there, I'll go elsewhere. 

• Like 3

As usual I'm completely different to the rest :default_norty:

Yes it doesn't look great from the outside, but if booze hounds like myself don't go and give it a try, have a chat and pass on my opinions and any info about the place to anyone and everyone (hopefully with good reviews) then it is unlikely to ever change for the better.

Or maybe I'm just making excuses to go somewhere for a few pints :default_beerchug:

31 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

As usual I'm completely different to the rest 

Can’t argue with that but it’s not a bad thing. 😉

32 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

Yes it doesn't look great from the outside, but if booze hounds like myself don't go and give it a try, have a chat and pass on my opinions and any info about the place to anyone and everyone (hopefully with good reviews) then it is unlikely to ever change for the better.

Very true and very commendable. :default_icon_clap:

32 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

Or maybe I'm just making excuses to go somewhere for a few pints

Now we’re getting to the truth! 😁

• Like 2

There haven't been many reviews posted recently, and those that have are not good, the place looking run down, understaffed and poor food choice and quality etc but one or two do say that the beer was very good which suggests someone is making an effort. Good beer doesn't happen by accident. The problem for the Beauchamp is there is only so much trade to go around, and to me way of thinking less now than there once was, and the Beau is competing with the Ferry House which is one of the best pubs on the river, if not the best, and the Woods End and Coldham Hall. If it's going to compete in that market it has to see significant Improvement and visual appeal

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jayfire said:

2 hours ago, Paul said:

The problem for the Beauchamp is there is only so much trade to go around,

Both very true - it also doesnt help when the owner has other more easy and or profitable aspirations for the site :default_norty:

• Like 2

We often use to stop there but the grass never got cut so you couldn't see where you were putting your feet which made it to dangerous to step off, there use to be dozens of boats moored all along that bank  it was a easy place to moor with the path a the top of the bank easy to see and walk at night. It could be well used again with a little tlc outside on the bank. John