Likely Impact On The Broads?

JennyMorgan

1 hour ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

I think crack heads started drinking it........ man ๐Ÿ˜‚

1 hour ago, ZimbiIV said:

Whatever happened to good old fashioned acid rain?

paul

The Western World installed "Scrubbers" in their stacks pumping out nitrogen oxide and sulphur dioxide. Generation only by low sulphur coal was introduced. You don't hear about it because the US is not poisoning Canada anymore and we are not doing the same to Norway and Sweden but it has beenย a problem in other parts of the world, most Asian Countries now will only import coal certified as 0 to 1% Sulphur Content. Acid Rain control has been quite a success story.

• Like 2

Acid rain and lake Eutrophication is another topic believed to have been one thing and now proven ( oops that inconvenient truth) sorry to be something else entirely. Itย only took one simple agricultural studyย to overturn 30 years of belief and assumption. Science is fun but not for the feint hearted.ย 

John! Eutrophication is also hard to say after a few beers. Or even before a beer.ย 
ย 

Allogenic, Autogenic, fractional distillation, semi quantitative mass spectrometry, flow cytometry, complement cascade, anti TNF (2nd gen) antigenic fragment, molecular conjugation.ย Thereย is an entire lexicon of scientific terms used and abused daily by journalists who have not one scientific qualification between them with no clue what they actually mean or the context in which statements are theories, hypothesis, ย facts or beliefs.ย 
ย 

And to coin a phrase 97% of the information ( sorry ) a huge amount of the stuff in the public domain is put out there by Phdย ย graduates in American Womenโ€™s Literature in the Victorian era.ย 
ย 

If you are wondering to whom I refer she is a lady representing Brighton in the Mother of Parliaments. She spouts opinions and beliefs and thatโ€™s fine as I add my BS filter of scientific Enquiry and consign what she says to the circular file.ย 
ย 

At least I can laugh about it. Getting irate or insulted or involving or investing emotion into a forum is silly. We are better than that.ย 
To those who would say โ€œ all these scientists canโ€™t be wrongโ€ I would council caution and refer them to Albert Einsteinโ€™s response to a paper published in the 1930s entitled 100 scientists against Jewish science. All fully accredited and highly qualified. Einsteinโ€™s response was โ€œ if I was wrong it would take only ONEโ€.ย 
ย 

It does not matter how loud the shout or how many shout it. One single fact and one single person can bring the entire steaming edifice crashing down. We could all do well to remember that now and again before getting upset about what people believe.ย 
ย 

ย 

• Like 2

On 12/02/2020 at 16:54, Maxwellian said:

I see this has gone the normal way of broken record until some one throws a dummy out of the pram. Both sides unable to see or accept any otherย point of view.

Hi Ian,

to see or especially to accept another point of view would mean you never have any faith or belief in your own view, so it`s no surprise when people don`t do it.ย  However, i think it more important (as do many) to "respect" another persons point of view or opposition.ย 

I`ve disagreed with many posts and points of viewย on this forum for a great many years, marshman would agree to that, as would Strowager from the past, and a number of others. But i have, and always will respect theirย  point of view and opinions, as well as their rite to aire them, no matter how barking mad they may beย :default_coat:, or if i make a bit of a sarcastic remark.ย 

We`re all human, and all different, and believe in different things and ways, so just respect that, and don`t hold any animosity to others.ย 

Now, if anybody slags off Triumph motorcycles ...............................................:default_2gunsfiring_v1:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

to see or especially to accept another point of view would mean you never have any faith or belief in your own view, so it`s no surprise when people don`t do it.

Normality resumed. Sorry Speedtriple, I disagree.

I always question my beliefs, all of them. It has happened that I have been wrong on occasions, something I would not have learned had I not seen and accepted another persons point of view.

Not to do this would mean going through life learning nothing, listening to nobody but telling everybody ones own views whilst calling them "Facts"

I do wonder at what stage in your life did you realised that everything you knew was correct?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

That Oil trayย statement was certainly true of the original Triumphs back in their previous manufacturing days, but certainly not with the modern current generation of models. Had my Tiger 1050 from brand new,, nearly 13 years old now 30โ€™000milesย and not a drop of oil has it ever shown. That is not unusual as other owners I talk to state the same

Griff

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Have to say no, it was just a light hearted Mickey take with emoji to show it as such.

You can't deny it about the old ones though.

Yes, that's right. However, if you prefer naked roadsters, try the Speed Twin, I have one, and it's bloody awesome. So much torque and acceleration. Living down here in Dorset, she's all you will ever need performance wise.ย