More good news

Antares_9

The DfT has been in conversations with fuel distillers and blenders who say they will be producing the new ULSD for inland use without the addition of bio fuel. So, your seals and fuel pipes on older boats should be safe and the likelihood of water and bug also reduced. :clap

• 2 months later...

Shotley that they will be selling us A2 grade marked gas oil. This is ultra low sulphur diesel without bio in it, might be worth checking that your Broads suppliers are doing the same and not just selling ULSD road fuel with red marker, which they are entitled to do. I suggest that anybody doing so should be reconsidered as a supplier if you have an older ship.

In as much as the bio content makes the dreaded bug more more likely John, then yes it will affect everybody who stores diesel for any period which includes boats, that stuff is OK in road vehicles where the bunkerage and end usage are very fast but if it sits a while it's not so good. As for the Nanni and your supply pipes I suspect not as it’s relatively modern but check with them. My thoughts are that most inland suppliers will be well up to speed and will be selling non bio content but always pays to check. Volvo say their later motors are OK up to 5% bio so I have no need to worry on that score but I'd rather not have to keep bunging Soltron or similar at every fill up so am quite pleased with Shotley's decision, though I think they could have just stayed with the high sulphur stuff being sited where they are.

I'm with Rod on the Webo scenario.

While boats run OK on Red Webo's and the like don't have much of a liking so I see this as a triple benifit.

1) No bio so much less chance of the Bug

2) Significant reduction in coking of Webo's etc

3) Less smoke (not that that is an issue to us) but maybe the Fairline Turbo and Princess across from us won't do such a good impression of a London Smog on starting ;)

I'm with Rod on the Webo scenario.

While boats run OK on Red Webo's and the like don't have much of a liking so I see this as a triple benifit.

1) No bio so much less chance of the Bug

2) Significant reduction in coking of Webo's etc

3) Less smoke (not that that is an issue to us) but maybe the Fairline Turbo and Princess across from us won't do such a good impression of a London Smog on starting ;)

these is nothing like a bit of diesel smoke reminds me where i belong...

Jonny ice sliceice slice