• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

Hi Helen,

It`s Merv and Pauline this week, a really nice couple, and it was me that hosted the show around a couple of years back. If you see them, say hello, they may invite you aboard for a nosey around and a cuppa, or something stronger.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have just been looking at the N Atlantic Weather Charts and next weekend looks nearly as bad as the one just gone.

• Like 1

Have the BA issued a closed to hire craft edict for Breydon Water does anyone know? 

Hi Howard

Nothing on there Twitter or Facebook pages

suggest you call Broads Control 01603 756056

Ray

• Thanks 1

I did think the yards hiring this time of year, were not at all happy with boats going south, or north, this time of year?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, marshman said:

I did think the yards hiring this time of year, were not at all happy with boats going south, or north, this time of year?

True of Freedom certainly, Herbert Woods never have a problem but of course in the present conditions one uses ones judgement! Swancraft and now Bridgecraft have never limited us. 

• Like 1

On 06/02/2020 at 22:46, Ray said:

Anyone crossing Breydon?

The last time I crossed Breydon in that sort of weather my little tub spent more time out of the water than in it!

Good fun though apart from a mouth full of sea water half way across.  :default_ohmy:

• Haha 1

I've only had one rough crossing, many years back now in a rather aging hire craft. It was a lot of fun or terrifying depending whether you ask me or my wife ☺

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Ray said:

I've only had one rough crossing, many years back now in a rather aging hire craft. It was a lot of fun or terrifying depending whether you ask me or my wife ☺

I've always thought it a good crossing if I have to pick seaweed off the coachroof afterwards - Kathy's view is somewhat different !

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, stumpy said:

I've always thought it a good crossing if I have to pick seaweed off the coachroof afterwards - Kathy's view is somewhat different !

Classic comment!

I've come across in my Drascombe and with the wind astern have surfed most of the way, that was quite exciting. I have also crossed into the teeth of a full gale and our faces were caked with dried on salt from the spray. Got to say that I like it that way! Don't think that I have ever had to clear seaweed up though, or gather mullet & crabs from out of the bilge.  Well, on Holland's IJsselmeer but not on Breydon.

• Haha 2

For those that like a good Storm , Here comes Dennis :204_closed_umbrella:

• Like 1

Storm Dennis is on its way, last weeks storm toppled a big old tree in the garden. Dennis is a good reason not to clear it yet, I could end up with anothers down by Monday.

Might as well organise one clearing team as two.

Roll on spring.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, D46 said:

For those that like a good Storm , Here comes Dennis :204_closed_umbrella:

After reading the thread on Acle, we have one here on the NBN :(

7 minutes ago, marshman said:

Indeed - all caused by a lot of hot air!!!!!

:default_eusa_naughty:

• Like 1

Storm Dennis is making itsen felt here at Sutton, wind picking up. 

Stuff this, I’m getting ‘B.A’ into the wetshed before the rain and the gales arrive

Griff

• Like 5

I would say that would be a good plan. Don't think our clay shoot will be on tomorrow.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, ChrisB said:

Don't think our clay shoot will be on tomorrow.

Never did understand clay pidgeon shooting, that's got to be the worst pie ever! (I've probably cooked tougher meals)

• Haha 2

Smoggy you just could be a candidate to join MM and Regulo as Forum idiot. 😀

1 hour ago, Polly said:

Smoggy you just could be a candidate to join MM and Regulo as Forum idiot. 😀

I thought we took turns! It's like village idiot surely, it's the only reason moved my boat to norfolk, the cambs. village idiots just don't sink to my level!

I must point out that I am actually very well behaved on here, I generally sink to a much better level of 'wrong' in everyday life, but everyday life doesn't have moderators.

• Haha 4

Safe here in t wetshed, somewhat noisy though. Have had to turn up the volume ont TV. Oh, and we are warm as toast, dry too

Griff

• Like 4

Bit more Southerly in it this weekend and the house is being buffeted, bit glad that we aren't afloat!