Weekend Storm

ExSurveyor

Laying in bed in a hotel room listening to the roar of the gusting wind, absolutely brilliant. 

I don't know why, but there's something awesome about being out in this sort of weather. Karen DOES'NT share my enthusiasm for this kind of wear her, I said I'd love to be on Lightning tucked up and safe in somewhere sheltered like Loddon or Rockland, she did'nt agree for some reason?. 

Living in Dorset, we have the Purbeck hills just in from the coast, and there's a lane that runs pretty much along the top of them. I always imagine how exciting it would be to take drive over the, park up in one of the car parks beside that lane, and go for a good walk along the hill tops while well wrapped up, aiming for a cafe where you can have a nice cup of tea and a hot pasty or bacon, sausage and cheese baguette, then walk back filling your lungs with all that fresh air. It's simple things like that that can really make you feel alive and fresh. 

This sort of of weather gives me a real buzz, it makes me excited to get outdoors a love mother nature in all her glory, does that make me wierd?. 

All we've got to do now is drive 140 miles home in it 😂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, grendel said:

how was the bike show?

Pretty good actually, the Triumph stand was always packed, and they had the live action arena, which we DID'NT really like, as it was noiey and when in action, people gathered around it and blocked the aisles. Strangely, I found more interest in the sub 400cc class, with some stunning looking 125s and 250 / 300s.Some of the electric bikes looked good too. 

18 minutes ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Laying in bed in a hotel room listening to the roar of the gusting wind, absolutely brilliant. 

I don't know why, but there's something awesome about being out in this sort of weather. Karen DOES'NT share my enthusiasm for this kind of wear her, I said I'd love to be on Lightning tucked up and safe in somewhere sheltered like Loddon or Rockland, she did'nt agree for some reason?. 

Living in Dorset, we have the Purbeck hills just in from the coast, and there's a lane that runs pretty much along the top of them. I always imagine how exciting it would be to take drive over the, park up in one of the car parks beside that lane, and go for a good walk along the hill tops while well wrapped up, aiming for a cafe where you can have a nice cup of tea and a hot pasty or bacon, sausage and cheese baguette, then walk back filling your lungs with all that fresh air. It's simple things like that that can really make you feel alive and fresh. 

This sort of of weather gives me a real buzz, it makes me excited to get outdoors a love mother nature in all her glory, does that make me wierd?. 

All we've got to do now is drive 140 miles home in it 😂

Not weird at all! I could imagine doing the same as I read your post, sounds great 👍

Gales and strong winds completely freak me out when Im outside. I never used to be scared of it until some years ago when I was walking my hounds. I was suddenly caught out in a gale, mini hurricane or something that had been forecast but seemed to arrive a lot sooner than had been forecast.

The hounds were terrified and branches and debris was flying around us.  We started running and then heard a loud cracking/splitting sound just by us. A massive old horse chesnut tree came crashing down. Way too close for comfort, a very narrow miss.  We ran back into the village and tiles were flying off roofs and some corregated iron was threatening to fly off a barn at any minute.  A lovely lady opened her door and said we could stay in her house until it died down.  By this time I was a quivering wreck and crying.

Yesterday i was walking my dog and realised my fear hasnt gone as I was very jumpy especially near to any trees and constantly looking around me for flying debris and the storm had only just begun. Staying indoors today! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

The drive back from Gravesend back to home was eventful this morning, rain all the way, along with dense 'spray' from large trucks and standing water, and with the constant use of windscreen wipers being very hypnotic, it's no wonder i had to stop at the Winchester services for some fresh air and a coffee, I was nearly falling asleep. On the plus side, at least the wind had dropped, so Karen's car did'nt get blown all over the motorways, though the sheer amount of standing water ment lots of spray, and a couple of times the car was aquaplaning. All in all, we were really glad to get home. Now it's chill out time. 

• Like 1

We’ve been out for a meal with some family today. Met at the O2 as it’s a convenient meeting place. But no trains into London from here so we drove part way then got on the tube. Came back through some very flooded roads as it’s been raining all day. Brightening up a bit now.  

• Like 2