New Pacific Cruiser

SPEEDTRIPLE

Hi all,

I`ve just seen on their faceache page, Pacific Cruisers have now added a new boat "Pacific Spirit" which is an Aquafibre 32 high top dual steer. She has a double cabin en suite, a twin cabin fwd, and a double sette with a single settee in the salloon, though max occupancy is set at 6. Good to see this very friendly and excellent small family yard increasing their fleet, which is a good thing for those that wish to hire on the southern rivers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Broads01 said:

Ooh, nice! I love that design but haven't hired one for 10 years so I can see myself on that in the future. I'm interested to know where they've sourced it from but it's hard to tell given it's white and anonymous-looking. 

And ideal for the southern rivers. With the high top, you won`t have any hassles with bridges on the south rivers, accept for Somerleyton swing bridge if not operational, and Beccles is very likely to be a no go, unless you have very low low tides.

57 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

I did wonder if Pacific had bought Gainsborough Girl when I first read this, but the pictures are clearly of another example.  Judging by the rubber strakes at the bow, it may have been on the French waterways.

Hi Malcolm,

It looks to me like a library shot, so yes, you might be right re Gainsborough Girl. If it is Gainsborough Girl, she will no doubt be in immaculate condition as Summercraft were always very well maintained and turned out.

I think Gainsborough was sold into private hands

Also, the internal photos show an ex Crown Blue Line fitout (later Le Boat) so I think if it was Gainsborough they would have used the internals of that one, given they're quite a different finish

Dan

• Like 2

Hi,

When I spoke to Fiona at Pacific last year, I nearly hired Spirit however I stuck with Princess as the new boat is a Friday start, in the short term it takes the place of Dawn however in the future it should replace Princess and will become a Saturday start. My understanding is it was a private boat formerly Thyme off or something similar? As suggested the photos appear to be Crown Blue Line/ Le boat pics, perhaps it originated in France? I hired a Tamaris on the Thames a couple of times which came from France although was originally built in Somerleyton in 1993, whether or not it's one of these we shall have to see. It does have few extras though Inc 240v shore power and a bow thruster. As an aside Gainsborough Girl would have made a good buy, a 1999 boat maintained by Summer craft for around £40k either way another good addition to the Pacific fleet.

Neil

Neil

• Like 2