Salty Bottom's 2011

Guest mariotech

The cold weather is now here so to help us through the winter Is it now time to organise next years Salty Bottom Cruisers.

Easter is probably best kept simple as a chance to blow away the cobwebs and for any new non members to salt their bottoms.

Whitsun and Luke is leading a Sealine cruise to Wells, with limited moorings probable not enough room for the SB'S as well. Whitsun usually has changeable weather and with possibly new boaters joining us a turn to Starboard and the more sheltered waters may be the one.

Summer and destination London a return visit for some with some different stops en-route.

Please add any ideas

Jonathan

Holland?

Holland would be good but it does worry me a little having a 27 year old boat and engines. I know the boat would make it and im sure the engines would be fine but I would be a bit twitchy being 50 miles from land. But I still want to do it somtime

I would love to coast hop round to the solent but would need a big weather window and lots and lots of fuel.

A trip to harwich would be good for a long weekend?

cheersbar Barry

Holland is still a trip on the cards but after much deliberation Heather decided she could not possibly leave Charlie for 2 weeks.

Holland was put on hold for a number of reasons but a re run of London with a few more boats in tow should prove to be a worthwhile cruise, after all there are a lot of South coast boaters that would love the chance to visit our Capital by boat.

There are also a lot of destinations along the way that weren't visited last year so although the destination may be the same the journey will be completely different.

:Stinky:Stinky

but a re run of London with a few more boats in tow should prove to be a worthwhile cruise, after all there are a lot of South coast boaters that would love the chance to visit our Capital by boat.

yes maybe without the jerry can run with the bikes :naughty::naughty:

Jonny ice sliceice slice

The cold weather is now here so to help us through the winter Is it now time to organise next years Salty Bottom Cruisers.

Easter is probably best kept simple as a chance to blow away the cobwebs and for any new non members to salt their bottoms.

Whitsun and Luke is leading a Sealine cruise to Wells, with limited moorings probable not enough room for the SB'S as well. Whitsun usually has changeable weather and with possibly new boaters joining us a turn to Starboard and the more sheltered waters may be the one.

Summer and destination London a return visit for some with some different stops en-route.

Please add any ideas

Jonathan

Sharron said what about Denmark :lol::lol:

Should be taking a trip over to Holland sometime in June with the RYA. A cruise in company is being put on by guys who run the courses. They are looking to do this over a month, including the inland waterways, but we looking to do this over a couple of weeks. Most of the boats that I know are looking to go vary 8 knots max upward (Think a dunkirk little ship is also heading over), so if anyone is interested I'll find out the dates.

We are also heading down to London in the summer and would be good to catch up with some of you. Proabably to meet in maybe St Kats, Not sure we could keep up with the group on the way down!!!!!!

Hi Chris,

Wish we could get the time to do Holland and London but as a wage slave I do not have the option.

Good to catch up with you for the London Trip, we do have an element that prefer to travel more sedately at around the 14 knot mark, they find their pipe's go out if they go any faster :naughty::grin:cheersbar

• 1 month later...