Hello Everyone!

EasyPeeler

Hi guys I'm Andy,

I bought a small boat and trailer at the end of last summer and I've been getting her ready to hit the broads this year and I'm really looking forward to it!

Can anyone give me some suggestions of easy access slips to put the boat in? The few I've seen in my limited visits have been small and probably tricky to reverse into, I'm new to towing a boat so until I get some practice I antisipate needing plenty of space to get it in!! 

Thanks for your help and I'm looking forward to getting involved.

Andy 

DSC_0041.JPG

DSCPDC_0003_BURST20190424185657696_COVER.JPG

DSC_0059.JPG

• Like 5

Hello and welcome!

Wroxham Broad next to the sailing club; Horning next to The Swan, key at Post Office I think; Hoveton, Marsh Road, at Landamores, £12; This one is a bit awkward as it could use a bit of restoration, and has a lip, but we use it. 
Sutton Staithe at the boatyard. 
I guess the one at Womack is public too, but I really don’t have the facts on this one. 

There is a slip at Martham Boats that may be available, ring them to check?  Also one at Upton check with Eastwood Whelpton about use, but I think it is public. 
Hope this helps.

Nice boat!

• Like 1

Thanks guys for the welcome and all the useful suggestions, I live south in Suffolk the other side of Bury St Edmunds so I guess my preference is the South although I would like to explore all of the broads eventually.

That's the benefit of having the boat on the trailer is that I can chose different starting points for days out. 

3 hours ago, Boaters said:

Potter higham Phoenix craft next to the bridge and Upton Dyke good parking .Enjoy 

I've just checked this one out on Google maps and it looks perfect, main roads all the way up, the slip looks easy to put in and as you say plenty of parking. I think I'll give this one a try when it warms up a bit. 

On 24/02/2020 at 08:00, Polly said:

Hello and welcome!

Wroxham Broad next to the sailing club; Horning next to The Swan, key at Post Office 

Nice boat!

The Key for the Swan Slipway is Held by Tidings News agents, £10 For the key, £5 back when you bring the key back. monies go to slipway maintenance..

• Like 1