Jump to content
  • Announcements

    Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

    Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

    Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

BroadsAuthority

Vagabond Restaurant Escort

Recommended Posts

Bump - 

5 hours ago, vanessan said:

I’m sure it tells us somewhere, but where is Vagabond ultimately bound for?

 

2 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

Decent visitor moorings, away from the infamous Prince Of Wales Road yob magnet,  would seem to me to be a potential plus point for Norwich.

Which is why the new BA moorings near the football ground will be very welcome. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, marshman said:

Is it listed or an ancient monument??????:default_biggrin:

Not that I'm aware of, but I believe there is a boat for sale nearby

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, vanessan said:

Which is why the new BA moorings near the football ground will be very welcome. 

Which is good news! I wasn't aware of that one. Just hope that over-stayers are discouraged. 

I wonder what will be moored at the old Vagabond mooring? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, vanessan said:

Bump - 

 

Which is why the new BA moorings near the football ground will be very welcome. 

are these to be free moorings? I'll be very upset if they stop me mooring by Novisad to go shopping. I can do Morrison's, Boots and B&M all in one go.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vanessan said:

Bump - 

 

Which is why the new BA moorings near the football ground will be very welcome. 

I'm not sure it's been mentioned where vagabond is heading and I'm not sure either that the new  mooring's by the football ground as BA moorings they may well be council run , JP didn't state they were BA moorings he only said new moorings and it would have been in his interest to do so surely , besides by new read new timber's to the quay nothing else has happened .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Paul said:

are these to be free moorings? I'll be very upset if they stop me mooring by Novisad to go shopping. I can do Morrison's, Boots and B&M all in one go.

You and me both , then again they are no where near there , they are much further down towards the rail bridge , don't expect them to be too quite either during the week as work has started on the next block if flats right along side them .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, D46 said:

I'm not sure it's been mentioned where vagabond is heading and I'm not sure either that the new  mooring's by the football ground as BA moorings they may well be council run , JP didn't state they were BA moorings he only said new moorings and it would have been in his interest to do so surely , besides by new read new timber's to the quay nothing else has happened .

I confirmed with JP that the new moorings will be BA 24 hour monitored moorings although not BA maintained. Possibly 4-6 boats.

I don’t think the BA have anything to do with the moorings near the Novisad, probably council monitored. I too hope nothing changes at that location, those shops are so handy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, vanessan said:

I confirmed with JP that the new moorings will be BA 24 hour monitored moorings although not BA maintained. Possibly 4-6 boats.

I don’t think the BA have anything to do with the moorings near the Novisad, probably council monitored. I too hope nothing changes at that location, those shops are so handy. 

Ah I didn't know that , yes let's hope that nothing changes by the novisad bridge as no one abuse's it other than one boat that's been left there :default_2gunsfiring_v1:, it's definitely council monitored though , I did hear a ranger a few yrs ago telling a hire boat crew they couldn't moor there and claiming they weren't insured if they did , ironically the ranger had moored the authorities YS boat there to refill the fuel tank at Morrison's , once it was clear to everyone who's land it was and they were both doing exactly the same thing the situation suddenly went away :default_rofl:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JennyMorgan said:

Which is good news! I wasn't aware of that one. Just hope that over-stayers are discouraged. 

May I refer the honourable gentleman to his post of Feb 7 in Speakers Corner? ‘Good positive reading’ I think it was entitled. :default_rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, D46 said:

they are much further down towards the rail bridge

The January Broads Briefing quotes them as being ‘near Norwich City Football ground’. If that’s the case then they should be within reasonable walking distance of the Riverside shopping centre. Having said that, I still hope the Novisad moorings remain!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, vanessan said:

The January Broads Briefing quotes them as being ‘near Norwich City Football ground’. If that’s the case then they should be within reasonable walking distance of the Riverside shopping centre. Having said that, I still hope the Novisad moorings remain!

Oh yes there near the ground most definitely so within walking distance , that said it longer than it takes to get to Riverside , they are quite obvious from the river right next to a construction site , thinking about it it's not that long ago since the council insisted there were no mooring in the city except the YS , where in effect there are included 2 temporary demasting moorings opposite Riverside by bridge master court  ie the first ie the new flats .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting to note that vagabond is apparently going to the deal ground for repairs before going down the yare by it's new custodian , so how is it safe to move through the city ? , it's certainly reenforced my opinion that it's going just up the bure but we'll see no doubt .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lo and behold, the old swing swing bridge at Trowse, before it was "improved" by the new one!

 

69476715_trowsebridge.thumb.jpeg.76a165876027fa318a8c1b9df8ce5d42.jpeg

Photo from a collection "Railways of Norwich" by John Brodribb.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any technical people out there know if as the new trains on the London service have two pantographs unlike the current loco hauled trains they could get by without the bridge span being electrified ?

Reedham & Somerleyton have had new electrical equipment fitted during the  recent closure (and successfully opened to let the ferry through today)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, vanessan said:

May I refer the honourable gentleman to his post of Feb 7 in Speakers Corner? ‘Good positive reading’ I think it was entitled. :default_rolleyes:

The old grey matter is deteriorating fast! Yes, mention of a mooring, but sadly no details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, marshman said:

but BA monitored. Whatever that means!!

Cursory glance by a passing ranger?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, marshman said:

but BA monitored. Whatever that means!!

they can see the moorings from Yare House and have a pair of binoculars. :default_biggrin:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the EDP website, they are hoping to move the vessel tonight, if the wind is not too strong for opening the bridges.

Not sure I would want to risk that operation, on Friday the 13th!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vaughan said:

According to the EDP website, they are hoping to move the vessel tonight, if the wind is not too strong for opening the bridges

Ah..... wrong wind on the line eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear all,

The planned escort of floating restaurant Vagabond has been re-arranged to take place tomorrow evening (13 March) as a result of today's 40mph winds making it unsafe to move the vessel.

It is planned that the escort will take place from 11pm onwards into the early hours of Saturday morning (approximately 4am) where Vagabond will transit through Carrow and Trowse Bridges.

Existing restrictions are in place during this new time period. Mariners are to consider the vessel’s movement when route planning and to follow all instructions given by the Broads Authority Rangers. 

Kind regards,

Tom

Tom Waterfall

Senior Communications Officer

Broads Authority

01603 756034

Broads Authority, Yare House, 62-64 Thorpe Road. Norwich NR1 1RY
01603 610734

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • NBN Mobile App

    Want to use NBN when you're out and about?

    Get our mobile app!

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

For details of our Guidelines, please take a look at the Terms of Use here.