Bailey And Stone

Bigplumbs

Hello

I have had a quote for a canvas canopy for my speedboat including the stainless work from Bailey and Stone and it is in my view a good price. Before I push the button on the deal I just wanted to know who else has had work done by them and what your experiences of them are/were

Thanks

Bailey Stones quality is above normal, the fit of the canopies is kinda above the norm but they do some funny things in places! Customer service I heard lots and lots of negatives. I'd probably use them but I'd expect a bumpy ride.

Jeckles, quality can be above normal but depends which seamstress does it. I've not heard too many negatives but don't forget it's not the company that make sails, I'd use them if I had money to burn.

You may want to look at https://www.facebook.com/SNuggtopzUK as I believe they have (or did) the right technology to template and cut the canopy (very expensive technology). I'd probably talk to them first.

I can give you a long list of ones I wouldn't touch from the 18 months of working in that industry, sadly alot of the good ones (south coast Tecsew) wont go to norfolk for various reasons. Canopies are a long process with lots of (crap) competition flooring the prices, it actually takes a lot of skill to make a good canopy and there's not many good skilled seamstresses about, also as there's not many about you wont get a quick decent service...

• Like 3

SnugTopz has invested heavily in modern technology to template and cut material for all their jobs. The equipment is something to behold for sure. 

Freedom has used Snug Topz for a few years. Richard knows how to do things properly and won't cut corners. Seam allowance is key to many projects and I have seen some truly shocking work from other suppliers in the past who I will not name, but let's just say that if your seam allowances are poor, your work will not last as the stitching will simply pull out of the fabric with use. 

Cheapest is rarely the best and when you are investing so much money on something that needs to properly protect an incredibly valuable asset, cutting corners is just a dumb-**** thing to do. 

• Like 3