Corona Virus

Paul

Well last night I wasn't feeling right and this morning I woke up feeling very warm,then cold.So I phoned 111.After about 40 minutes talking it through. Pleased to say it's not Corona but after a number of Q&A's ,she advised me to see the GP within three days.So pleased it's not the virus, but theres something not right.Just my luck really. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

1 minute ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Well last night I wasn't feeling right and this morning I woke up feeling very warm,then cold.So I phoned 111.After about 40 minutes talking it through. Pleased to say it's not Corona but after a number of Q&A's ,she advised me to see the GP within three days.So pleased it's not the virus, but theres something not right.Just my luck really. 

You take care.   The trouble now is you get a normal cold / cough and you feel as if your number is up.    Let us know how you get on.

• Like 1

Thanks,I've learnt over the years when there is a problem I seek advice,even though I have a number of health problems, oddly I dont get many cold.With COPD you get used to a number of symptoms. Last night and this morning others unexplained problems arise.That why I took advice. 

2 hours ago, Polly said:

Information is a weapon, scaremongering is irresponsible. I stick to BBC, NHS and the Guardian mainly. Some editors need to examine their behaviour, I think.

I can see why Public Health England are moving to weekly updates, because the numbers are growing, but actually that makes me more rather than less anxious. 

We are the ‘wrong’ age for this bug and I have asthma, so I am being cautious; making plans to manage the situation, yet carrying on as normal generally.

I listen to the NHS yes, the BBC and written press no, they are probably the worst sources  if you just want responsible information.

Fred

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Polly said:

We are the ‘wrong’ age for this bug and I have asthma, so I am being cautious; making plans to manage the situation, yet carrying on as normal generally.

Very sensible, Polly. The only rational way really.

One of my daughters, with two small children, is a clinical pharmacist at a local hospital and that gives her an insight. On top of that her husband works in London,  and her thought is that the bug will inevitably come up the A12 which I suppose is logical. So, like you, we are making plans, just in case. Now't else that we can rationally do, certainly not going to let it get us down! Progress normally marches past Oulton Broad, hopefully the same can be said of the Corona-virus!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, psychicsurveyor said:

JM, people with webbed feet might be immune :default_biggrin:

I've got webbed feet (syndactyly) as well as arrhythmia (atrial fibrillation), angina, asthma and sleep apnoea.

Also difficulty swallowing and continual build-ups of mucus in my throat - both a result of radiotherapy on laryngeal cancer many years ago.

I'm 74 years old so seem to tick most of the boxes.

So fingers crossed that psychicsurveyor is right.

22 minutes ago, rightsaidfred said:

Does that  apply to the general populus or just mermaids.

Fred

ive just tried to alter my holiday for end of month with haven.they can only cancel it if i get a drs letter saying im ill despite hubby and i both in mid 50s with diebetis and heart and kidney problem crazy they will however let me know if anyone tests positive while im on the park nice of them

The thought of being quarantined whilst on holiday, whether on a cruise liner or caravan site is hardly appealing. Haven and others are going to have to be open minded on this one. Vulnerable folk will not want to take unnecessary risks, that must surely be obvious. It's all a big unknown and a tad of sympathy by Haven would not go amiss.  Haven will not look too clever if reluctant visitors catch the virus.

48 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

The thought of being quarantined whilst on holiday, whether on a cruise liner or caravan site is hardly appealing. Haven and others are going to have to be open minded on this one. Vulnerable folk will not want to take unnecessary risks, that must surely be obvious. It's all a big unknown and a tad of sympathy by Haven would not go amiss.  Haven will not look too clever if reluctant visitors catch the virus.

im with you jm .its to much of a risk.thats why i rang them and she had cheek to say well its not long till your due here.yes but these are abnormal cercumstances love.your park is a petri bowl everyone cramed together.excuse me ive money to burn i aint risking it

Nor will it do the local economy a lot of good if Haven, as a result of people being panicked into cancelling unnecessarily, face  closing down.

Think about it - would you go on holiday there, if you heard someone had had flu or perhaps chicken pox or indeed measles? My guess is that its probably a "yes"" so please explain what is the difference?

This whole thing is getting quite ridiculous!!!

• Like 5

We need some perspective here. Please don't get me wrong, I do understand that anyone in an at risk group will be concerned. But there's no Government advice to start closing things down. And you can't expect companies to just start giving refunds. How would any business survive. Yes if you feel that the sensible thing for you is not to go then that's your decision to make. And I wouldn't blame anyone for that, all life is precious. But the reality is that you may lose your money. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, SwanR said:

We need some perspective here. Please don't get me wrong, I do understand that anyone in an at risk group will be concerned. But there's no Government advice to start closing things down. And you can't expect companies to just start giving refunds. How would any business survive. Yes if you feel that the sensible thing for you is not to go then that's your decision to make. And I wouldn't blame anyone for that, all life is precious. But the reality is that you may lose your money. 

im not saying shut um down but as a good will gesture they could of moved the booing till later in year i wasnt wanting my money back so they wouldnt of lost out and i may of added a second week.and yes i will loose money but thats not important my life is

• Like 1

Think the advice so far to to avoid some countries, but most countries its okay to visit. I expect there will be more cases everywhere including the UK.Best to take the advice of travel companies. We are going to Cornwall in June.The Holiday is due to be paid this month. It's not a concern to me yet.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

On top of that her husband works in London,  and her thought is that the bug will inevitably come up the A12 which I suppose is logical.

I'm coming up the A12 on Monday. Hope you're not suggesting that I should self-isolate in Essex rather than on a Broads cruiser!! :default_norty:

• Like 1

I dont wish to belittle anyones concerns but we do need a bit of realism and perspective.

As someone  born during the war I probably qualify as at risk as most of us of an age have some ailment or another, does that mean I should no longer go to the supermarket and use a trolley, my parents generation went through a lot worse and got on with life.

Fred

• Like 3

I don't think that it would do Haven any harm to allow vulnerable people to change their holiday dates. As for holiday businesses closing down, I rather fear that some inevitably will. If we go back to Haven, and there is an outbreak, not impossible, will they still refuse people the option of re booking once it's all over? 

Why try and guess what they might, or might not do?

The point at issue is that on the present evidence, there is no need to cancel, just as schools are not yet closing - if you really think you are at risk, go to your Dr and get a certificate, just as you would need to stay away from work, and go back with it to Haven. I guess that would work.

But see my earlier post - is anyone panicking because in January alone, there were 546 cases of mumps in the UK? And in 2019 5042 cases as against 1066 in 2018 and all because of a discredited "Doctor" now peddling his myth in the US?

At this stage, perspective is a good word to hang on to...!

• Like 1