Change Of Policy At Richardsons

Tempest

When I first went on the Broads I wanted to get a map before I arrived so I could plan where to go. NBD were good enough to send me my free map in the post. It is certainly nice to have and demonstrates good customer service, but I'd have been happy to have purchased one anyway. Once you've been you then have your own, so its no big deal. Perhaps a half way house is to have free maps in reception. Encourage first timers to have one and repeat customers to bring theirs. A bit like towels in hotels. Do you put it back on the rail of drop it in the bath to be washed.

On the topic of sending out brochures, it is nice to get a hard copy, but the internet has taken over and you can put so much more information on there. Although its not necessarily always green https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/stories-51742336/dirty-streaming-the-internet-s-big-secret . OK a website is not streaming, but just because you can't see the energy usage, doesn't mean its not there.

I've never had a Richardson's brochure, but have looked may times at their website. Its generally good, but I do have one small bugbear with it. When you are trying to look at a boat, once you've viewed it and click the back arrow it takes you back to the top of the list. With the number of boats they have if you are trying to look at few it can become a real pain keep scrolling down the list and trying to remember where you saw the boat you were looking for.

12 hours ago, D46 said:

Meanwhile back on topic , I really don't see why every boat can't be equipped with a map that is fixed , it's a one off cost and I'll be surprised if it's not in the Skipper's manual already ( but who looks at that !)  .

No Worries is ex Fencraft, what we thought was a sheet of perspex to keep wet coats of the back of the hanging locker turned out to be a sandwiched map - the one with a foaming pint pot marking the pubs. It now hangs behind the lifebelt in the cockpit for guests who do the 'are we there yet' speech.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, stumpy said:

No Worries is ex Fencraft, what we thought was a sheet of perspex to keep wet coats of the back of the hanging locker turned out to be a sandwiched map - the one with a foaming pint pot marking the pubs. It now hangs behind the lifebelt in the cockpit for guests who do the 'are we there yet' speech.

There you go it's already been done and not only that it's remained with the boat too :default_beerchug: