Ocean 30 For Sale

My folks are selling their Ocean 30, see listing for details, they have owned her since 2012 and are selling as they have purchased a larger centre cockpit cruiser. Naturally a donation will be made to forum funds should a sale result.

If you have any questions regarding the boat feel free to PM me or go via the listing details thank you.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184201008333

I hope linking to ebay is ok mods, if not please feel free to delete etc.

Hi MM, they are hoping to retain their mooring for the new boat but if it ends up not being possible I will let you know.

As for converting to soft top etc I believe George at LBBY did one semi recently (last couple of years-ish) so may be able to give a ball park figure.

Yes, you're right CC, the pulpit and the side rails would also have to go. That would be a shame as they do make the craft look handsome.

The shame is that a boat I would be tempted by is the Ocean with that layout and the longer useable cockpit but with a collapsible windscreen and pram hood type canopy. I'm not sure such a boat exists.

True , sadly the only problem tops made as such seem to be the “dogs kennel” models made for hire mainly by Herbert Woods and the addition of the rear single berth removes the majority of the outside space which to Katie and I was a major factor in choosing Cerise Lady .

We have looked at a few conversions ourselves with the thought of maybe converting ours , we also considered having our hard top hinged in such a way as Ferry Marinas 26ft new builds , which would mean the screens folded forward and the roof also dropped towards the bow this would give us an airdraft of approx 6ft 10 but as stated without removal of the rails which we too love the look of means Wroxham is out 

I should also say though that if anyone is looking for a boat in the upto £30k bracket then “Dragonfly” looks a bargain , yes airdraft of approx 8ft prevents passage under Wroxham and obviously Potter but the benefits are imho outweighed by the space and character of an Ocean 30 we love ours .

The added expense of twin engines is not prohibitive , they are very economical diesel wise and have enviable manoeuvrability plus the added bonus of being genuinely capable at sea.

The Mercedes engines never miss a beat and spares are readily obtainable (now I’ve found a brilliant supplier) .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...