Fuel consumption.

Hello we have a fairline turbo 36 with tamd 60b 235hp engines

I have been told that I should get about 1.5mpg at about 16 knots.

Does anyone have any knowlege on this hull and engine set up to confirm this. The waterline hull length is 36ft and 13.4 beam planing hull and weighs around 11 tonnes when loaded.

cheers Barry

Who told you that Baz, the tooth fairy?

Think it is optimistic for your boat mate, would guess 1 mpg or with you at the helm about 2 gallons to the mile,

Is it true that you have replaced the throttles with an on off switch? :naughty::naughty:

sorry it came from mbm i think and yes the bit in the middle of the throttles i thought was just the play in the linkages :grin:

Well Barry says he has soft hands

No that's because Barry supervisors whilst Sharon carries out the maintenance, which is good practice for Sharon as lets face it Barry you cant be gunning the throttles and in the engine bay at the same time can you. :grin:

Hello we have a fairline turbo 36 with tamd 60b 235hp engines

I have been told that I should get about 1.5mpg at about 16 knots.

Does anyone have any knowlege on this hull and engine set up to confirm this. The waterline hull length is 36ft and 13.4 beam planing hull and weighs around 11 tonnes when loaded.

cheers Barry

Barry, Hi

To give you an idea, our Antares 760, with the 200bhp TAM-D 41P, used 27L/hr at 15kts... i.e. 2.5nmpg. (LWL 23ft and 9.5ft beam weighing 3.5 tonnes).

So I'd be somewhat surprised if you get as much as you were told...

Seriously Baz, I would be surprised if you get much over 1 mpg, it is about standard for a twin 200 plus HP planing boat with shafts at 35-40'. You may eek out another 0.25 mpg if you are really, really careful but I can't see that happening, can you?

Only way you are going to beat it is to buy common rail Electronically controlled diesels when you will push 1.75 mpg :Stinky:Stinky

1 mpg ... yikes!!! To get anywhere descent I guess you would need to moter at least 1000 miles ....... Thats a lot of pound notes.

You could fit a couple of Seagull 40 plus's to the blunt end .... They are a bit smokey but i'm sure they would be more eco-commical.