On Reflection

SwanR

You are indeed right Mr Nog. We are over at Paddy’s Lane rather than on the Barton Turf Staithe. 

Has been chilly on the boat and we’ve been running the heating quite a lot. I will talk about the shore power when I do my write up properly. 

Still windy and that’s been the theme of the week, although I realise it hasn’t been full on storm conditions by any means. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Tan's claim to fame was that she once burnt cornflakes whilst trying to crisp them up. 

Not cornflakes, but I do know someone who has burnt a salad. I'm not even sure how it's possible, but that's my Grace :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Jayfire said:

Not cornflakes, but I do know someone who has burnt a salad. I'm not even sure how it's possible, but that's my Grace :facepalm:

Just as well I'm with a Firefighter then isn't it :default_icon_kiss:

We hope you've had a lovely time Jean even if the wind has been a challenge, looking forward to the write up 

Have a safe journey home 

Jay and Grace x

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Just as well I'm with a Firefighter then isn't it :default_icon_kiss:

It absolutely is, my gorgeous.

I'm glad you know what is right for you and are able to write the right right when you write right without needing the right assistance to write the right right too :default_smiley-angelic002:

2 hours ago, YnysMon said:

I can just imagine the burning smell. You obviously weren’t working on something near to the kitchen/cooker.:default_coat:

My wife managed to burn frozen brussel sprouts, after 25 years I still can't figure it out but the smell returns every time I think of it.

• Haha 2

Itinerary for a short break

Day One - Essex to Stalham via Lowestoft and Potter Heigham, then a cruise to Ranworth

We needed to check a few things at the caravan in Lowestoft after the winter closure so this was an ideal opportunity to do so given that you can't get the boat before 1pm. From there we went to Potter Heigham for lunch and so that Mr SR could pick up some maggots for fishing. We were away from the yard about 1.45 after a quick reminder of the boat. As we wanted to make sure that we gave the batteries a bit of a charge we headed all the way down the Ant and round to Ranworth. A nice mooring on the staithe, a little unpacking, a light tea and then a couple of drinks in The Maltsters.

P1040118.thumb.jpeg.3d3cf1fc8d799adf7cdeb38f271179f8.jpeg

P1040129.thumb.jpeg.04a98d27bfdb1285342cc36a89ef2876.jpeg

Day Two - Ranworth to Womack Water

Having been plugged into onshore power we decided that a short cruise would suffice. The morning was a but grey and cloudy so we decided to stay at Ranworth, have lunch in the Maltster's, Mr SR did a little fishing and then we headed for Womack Water in time to be moored up about 3.30. We went for a walk back towards Hunter's yard and Womack Dyke but it was very windy and we didn't go too far.

P1040131.thumb.jpeg.2a365be276a16b1e9215f4e6f84711bf.jpeg

P1040140.thumb.jpeg.1bdf8e3b8f3ac7257b29a19fd451acd6.jpeg

P1040144.thumb.jpeg.67f7ce8961b5d016231c8c395b70347d.jpeg

• Like 6

Day Three - Womack Water to Sutton

On waking and looking out quite early I found that the weather forecast had been correct, the clouds had cleared and the view was amazing. We got our skates on with breakfast and left the mooring by 8am. I love an early morning cruise back down Womack Dyke and down the Thurne. As the hose wasn't out yet at Womack Water and we weren't entirely sure of our destination we stopped at Ludham Bridge to fill up the water.

When hiring from Stalham we have a tendency to only go up and down the Ant for picking up and returning the boat as opposed to making it a destination. Given that we didn't manage to do the Ant at all last October we therefore decided to give it more time. Made it up to Sutton by around 11 and were the first boat to arrive so got a nice spot by the water and electric post. Lunch was in the Sutton Staithe Hotel, Mr SR spent a few hours fishing and I just chilled on the boat for most of the day.

P1040146.jpeg

P1040148.jpeg

P1040174.jpeg

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, SwanR said:

Day Three - Womack Water to Sutton

On waking and looking out quite early I found that the weather forecast had been correct, the clouds had cleared and the view was amazing. We got our skates on with breakfast and left the mooring by 8am. I love an early morning cruise back down Womack Dyke and down the Thurne. As the hose wasn't out yet at Womack Water and we weren't entirely sure of our destination we stopped at Ludham Bridge to fill up the water.

When hiring from Stalham we have a tendency to only go up and down the Ant for picking up and returning the boat as opposed to making it a destination. Given that we didn't manage to do the Ant at all last October we therefore decided to give it more time. Made it up to Sutton by around 11 and were the first boat to arrive so got a nice spot by the water and electric post. Lunch was in the Sutton Staithe Hotel, Mr SR spent a few hours fishing and I just chilled on the boat for most of the day.

P1040146.jpeg

P1040148.jpeg

P1040174.jpeg

Lovely photos and please, what with all the doom and gloom that seems to be constantly repeated on the news recently, hopefully this website can get back on track and produce more photos like this for the reason why we are here in the first place.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Upcycler said:

Lovely photos and please, what with all the doom and gloom that seems to be constantly repeated on the news recently, hopefully this website can get back on track and produce more photos like this for the reason why we are here in the first place.

There will be more to come, hopefully tomorrow evening. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1