What's Wrong With These Photos

DAVIDH

45 minutes ago, DAVIDH said:

Sounds like a guess to me.......one which is incorrect!

Of course it was a guess! πŸ˜‰I think grendel has these pictures open on a huge screen so he can pick up all the obvious discrepancies, on a phone screen things aren’t so clear. Good thread though, thank you David.Β 

• Like 2

this one has got me stumped, but that is date dependent, in 2019, most of the commanders had the richardsons www address on the stern step, but as far as i can see that was not the case in 2018, ok lets say the wording is missing and hope the picture wasnt 2018.

I had thought there was the top of a building missing above the roof in the distance, but then reasoned that it could be behind the trees, but then I also thought that the red end of poundstretchers building might have been visible, but again that might be hiding behind the trees.

In the last picture the stern lineΒ is far too tight and also it would be better fastened to the cleat nearest the shore. The boat is also moored over the rescue ladder meaning that a casualty could not self rescue or a rescuer would not be able to use the ladder to access a casualty. Pretty poor seamanship all round!Β 

You got it!

30 minutes ago, grendel said:

perhaps you have hidden Havenbridge house (the big block of flats behind poundstretcher, but only perhaps as it could be hiding round the corner, yes I do believe pounstretcher has gained some frontage and another section of roof.

Β 

gym4.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vanessan said:

I think grendel has these pictures open on a huge screen

Got it in 1, I even saved the picture to my computer so I could zoom right in, then its a case of trying to get a google streetview that matches the location to see what you should be able to see (not that google streetview has a lot of views taken from the river)

Β 

3 minutes ago, jeffbroadslover said:

Some of the riverside fence and also the steps down to the garden are missing

Yes that's right. There is something else missing though, and I hadn't noticed when I removed it the fence and steps had gone too!
The sign!

Acle2.jpg