Treasure Hunt

Paul

Loved Wusser’s post in the concern expressed, but have to agree that we need some distraction. I still can’t get my head around this one though!

Just got back from church, just about all our frail and elderly members were still present. We have been told not to shake hands etc. though, so we’re taught how to say ‘peace be with you’ in sign language. 

On 15/03/2020 at 00:27, Wussername said:

Perhaps, just a thought. Should we not be giving a consideration to our members on the Broads, on the river who have issues concerning their welfare during the current crisis. And our visitors, the holiday makers. 

A simple contact for a local or a distant member for advice for those who require help. Guidance and assurance from those with local knowledge.

Perhaps, just perhaps, the frivolity of a game or whatever you like to call it should take second place under the current circumstances.

We need to be proactive in providing support and assurance that this forum in particular is foremost in providing support and help to those in need.

Sorry for the delay in responding Wussername, your post rather threw me somewhat, I was not expecting my posts to upset anyone. I found it a bit surprising that you take exception to this thread, when you were actively involved in another quiz thread at the time. As someone who has lived with depression and anxiety issues for most of my life I find activity and distraction to be critical in dealing with difficult situations, but you have made me realise that what suits me could actually be offensive to someone else at the same time. We are, without doubt entering the most worrying and stressful time in our history since the end of World War II, and most importantly we must face it together. There is enough around at the moment to cause upset without we upset each other. So let's knock this on the head, and roll it out again when "the lights go on again".

Stay safe

x

• Sad 2

32 minutes ago, Paul said:

Sorry for the delay in responding Wussername, your post rather threw me somewhat, I was not expecting my posts to upset anyone. I found it a bit surprising that you take exception to this thread, when you were actively involved in another quiz thread at the time. As someone who has lived with depression and anxiety issues for most of my life I find activity and distraction to be critical in dealing with difficult situations, but you have made me realise that what suits me could actually be offensive to someone else at the same time. We are, without doubt entering the most worrying and stressful time in our history since the end of World War II, and most importantly we must face it together. There is enough around at the moment to cause upset without we upset each other. So let's knock this on the head, and roll it out again when "the lights go on again".

Stay safe

x

im shocked by that response wussername..as paul says tough times and we need to occupy or brains and fill with humour its only way we are going to get through this.on a serious note if this was real treasure hunt we would of run out of time and not got first clue

Please lets continue? I think we need stuff like this more than ever.

I just set up a WhatsApp group for our WI and called it Harvesting Happiness. Jokes, chat sessions quizzes and trivia all welcome alongside any requests for support. 
We will also set up a phone chain to check on wellbeing.

One key to coming through this is trying to keep a positive mental attitude and look for small springs of happiness. 

• Like 3

Absolutely agree, there isn't enough happiness and enjoyment in life at the best of times, at times such as now it becomes even more important to look for moments of fun, enjoyment and laughter (did anyone want me to head over to post some jokes? :default_norty:)

Anyway, I still want Paul to tell me I got the roller right for part 3 :default_rofl:

Well done for solving the clue, in parts one and two at least.

Nigel was word perfect with his answer for line one, as in debacle minus deb for the .deb files which load the Debian Linux operating system. 

Vanessan was spot on with the anagram hidden in line two, hot keel does resolve as The Loke, so investigate The Loke

That would be very good if I had not managed to confuse two different clues, so let me eat a dose of humble pie and complete the clue for Acle.

A fiasco without operating system files

Where old meets new, post sub and look for the millennial hour

What time is it?

I'll give you clue two as Vanessan has managed to solve part of it even out of context, which is either very clever or very worrying ...

Half of this african capital is a mop, with Marillion front man and Olympic Baron

Investigate hot keel

in a hedge, with spokes but not a wheel

What am I?

Good luck with those, if people wish to carry on then we shall, but not at the cost of upsetting anyone. If anyone feels this is inappropriate then simply pm me and we will suspend. 

Ok, here is my thinking. If I can remember back to whenever it was. Having decided hot keel was ‘the loke’, I looked on line for a lane or something actually called The Loke. (I know there are lots of lokes in Norfolk.) The only one I could find is in Beighton, not far from Acle. Using google street view, as I believe we are allowed to do, I took a walk down The Loke and came across a telegraph pole complete with spokes coming looming out of a hedge. Now the new clues have thrown me as my thinking is clearly adrift. :default_dunce:

As no one else has come up with anything I will try and complete this. I still think the answer is a telegraph pole with spokes. It is to be found in The Loke Haddiscoe. H = Marillion frontman (Steve Hogarth), addis = mop and coe = olympic baron (Lord Coe).