Treasure Hunt

Paul

Thank you Paul, I really appreciate your words. 

My thoughts on line one are that N O T dropped from somewhere in a place name might produce another place name. Or alternatively T O N! (Loads of those on the Broads.) It’s a hard one apart from line three which should become apparent I think once lines one and two have been solved. 

I was completely on the wrong track with my thinking on that first clue. :default_dunce: Your hint to grendel took me in another direction entirely Paul and, as you said, it all becomes clear once you know where you are headed. Nice one but I will keep it to myself ftb. 🤐

Oooo err ... I have just found time to read this thread through ... I'm not managing to solve any of these clues, I can only see what they are once someone has said the answer.

So where are we up to with this one as I've been around Corton a few times. I can see how that would fit the first clue. What do we have to get next?

The blue and green wheelie bins are just what we are looking for ...

Not dropped off ---- caught on >> Corton

13 not out perhaps --- Bakers Score

The lyrics were from Dire Straits' Why Worry

and standing at the end of the drive are two wheelie bins, blue and green. 

Get ready, we'll move on from Corton tomorrow

• Like 1

There’s lots of little pathways called Scores in Lowestoft that take you up from the old beach village area to the top of the cliff. They have a race every year where people run along the seafront then up a very steep hill along the cliff top then up and down some of the scores. 

• Like 1

I'll refrain from saying this one is easier, as the clues all seem easy when you know what they mean

Catchers of the clupea

a burrow for this Beatles' choristers

Not the bins this time, but a warning

What is it?

you might, or might not have noticed that I'm using the trophy response as the "ta da" used on the radio. I know it's official label is thanks (which I always found a bit weird ) but for this thread I have altered it's meaning slightly. 

Right, we are on the virtual road to Herringfleet.

The answer to line one is Brundall.

Colin Chapman failed to start the French GP in Reims '56 after crashing his Vanwall in practice and I was shown his derelict house whilst viewing a boat For Sale around the Brundall Gardens area about 10 years ago.

Robert Blake was one of Disraelis biographers and he too was from Brundall.

• Like 1