• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

NickD

New Member - Boat Purchase Advice

Know of a very nice Shadow/Bounty/Falcon capriole 24 with a Vetus engine held by a broker I would trust. It has new batteries and carpets, warm air heating, 240v shore power and inverter, (handy for Kirsty`s hairdryer :default_biggrin:

If my source is correct the owner is open to sensible offers of around £25k on the asking price which includes the vat and 3 months free moorings on the Southern waters. Know it is higher than you mentioned but if you reach this sort of money then give it a look.

https://www.shadowboats.co.uk/brokerage/cruising-yacht-4/

It’s almost double your current budget but the Sealine 23 advertises on here by “Cal” looks a fabulous boat and is proven as to her seaworthiness 

1 hour ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Know of a very nice Shadow/Bounty/Falcon capriole 24 with a Vetus engine

Yes, agree, I had a spin on this and a very nice boat indeed. Bit over the budget as OBB says but we'll worth a look. 

18 hours ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Know of a very nice Shadow/Bounty/Falcon capriole 24 with a Vetus engine held by a broker I would trust. It has new batteries and carpets, warm air heating, 240v shore power and inverter, (handy for Kirsty`s hairdryer :default_biggrin:

If my source is correct the owner is open to sensible offers of around £25k on the asking price which includes the vat and 3 months free moorings on the Southern waters. Know it is higher than you mentioned but if you reach this sort of money then give it a look.

https://www.shadowboats.co.uk/brokerage/cruising-yacht-4/

Just noticed the photo didn`t show.

1981203913_NewBeginnings.thumb.jpeg.61520327088f47c162796e5df07630dc.jpeg

• Like 1

On 16/03/2020 at 08:39, Puddleduck2 said:

Have a look at the Hire Boat brochures and websites to look at the various types they have to rent which might take your fancy; then come up and have a look at them and possibly hire them for a weekend to see what you think. A couple of hire charges is preferable to buying the wrong craft.

Best bit of advice but most wont be sea going.

Fred

my advice is if you are looking for a boat on the broads, get a proper broads cruiser. you could pick up some really nice ones for £15,000, albeit a bit old, but half the fun is personalising it. If sea use is a must have, then you will have to sacrifice living space because of their design and shape,

On 19/03/2020 at 11:12, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Just noticed the photo didn`t show.

1981203913_NewBeginnings.thumb.jpeg.61520327088f47c162796e5df07630dc.jpeg

This is a smart looking little boat, but quite cramped inside, and (imho) not really comfortable for a weeks holiday. But with something  like a Bounty 27, or ocean 30, or similar boats, you won`t have the speed, but considerably more living space.  Speeding across the water is fun for a short while, but costs a fortune in fuel, whereas a more economical and leisurely 5 mph cruise through the trees and marshes, looking at amazing history, scenery, and wildlife is far cheaper, and far more relaxing.

Just my opinion of course?.