Toll Renewal

gancanny

1 minute ago, gancanny said:

i have been away for 3 weeks and was expecting my toll renewal when i got home,  but no, 

is it just me or are they late this year,       maybe i have been awarded a free season :default_biggrin:

We had ours more than a week ago by email. Don’t know about the ones sent by snail mail, someone will say shortly I’m sure.

5 hours ago, gancanny said:

i have been away for 3 weeks and was expecting my toll renewal when i got home,  but no, 

is it just me or are they late this year,       maybe i have been awarded a free season :default_biggrin:

Your boat isn't a big old Dutch Barge with a couple of garden sheds on top is it? If so, we have some bad news.....:facepalm:

• Haha 1

It all depends on what is meant by "on brokerage".

If the boat is being offered for sale by a broker, but is still in use, a toll is required. If it's in the broker's premises, no longer in use, no toll is required. Test runs by a potential purchaser would be covered by the broker's trade plate.

The explanation can be found in the 2009 BA Act.

Section 16 Broads Authority Act 2009 Exemption of certain vessels

(1)In this section...“the specified provisions” means—

(a)any byelaws made or deemed to be made under section 11;

(b)section 12 (construction and equipment standards);

(c)section 14 (vessels: insurance requirements)…

(6)Nothing contained in or in force or done under the specified provisions shall apply to any vessel which—

(a)is not for the time being in use for the purposes of navigation, or for residential or commercial purposes;

(b)is moored on waters occupied or customarily used by a person carrying on a business; and

(c)is so moored for the purposes of being serviced, repaired or stored by that person or of being sold or offered or exposed for sale by that person (whether acting as principal or agent).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, gancanny said:

Hi Gancanny,

If you direct message me with your details I can get our tolls department to take a look for you.

Cheers!

Tom

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Poppy said:

Mine is alwys paid just before she goes back in the water for the same reason !

Apparently you were spotted last year, on your mobile, phoning the tolls office just as your boat's keel touched the water!  Now that is cutting it fine! 

• Haha 3