Bog Roll Wars.

Minigem

2 hours ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

Total bog roll shortage in Somerset.... All the big supermarkets shelves empty..

Well on my travels around the West Country in the last few days I’ve been stopping of at Local village shops post offices and petrol stations...  To buy only one pack at a time so it leaves others a chance to buy as well... Also it helps to support local trade and business... 

It's the same everywhere. But can you just confirm ... were you joking or have you really bought all that? And yes I have read your further reply but I'd still like to be sure as to whether this is for real.

We are down to our last half dozen bog rolls and are staring having to use newspaper in the face, so to speak. I have last Saturday's Daily Telegraph and Monday's Mail, but even newspapers seem to be in short supply here. I am pondering sacrificing some of my extensive collection of books to the good cause. For some reason Lord of the Rings comes to mind. :default_blink:

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, D46 said:

So basically stuff everyone else I'm thinking of me !!!.

In the past many have said I've posted unwisely , that said I know dam well when yo keep my mouth shut , your phonograph says everything , clearly the I'm all right jack attitude is alive and well , I'm amazed you thought people would be impressed TBH , have you ever given a thought to those even worse off than yourself ? .

This is not a personal attack it's an attack on a certain attitude held by far too many people of late .

No it’s not stuff anyone else.... if that was the case I would of bought whole lot in the first shop I came to... Perhaps you should read what I have written and explained... I failed to mention my son drove up to me from his house 62 miles away to bring toilet rolls on Saturday because there was not one roll in my area.. Regardless to say people worse off than me... You try living with IBS crones disease then perhaps you would see why...  Also I have my 80yr old mother and father and 74yr old mother in law on lock down.. So is that stuff you Jack attitude I don’t think so... Perhaps you should go on toilet roll patrol and dictate to tell who and who can have one...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SteveO said:

We are down to our last half dozen bog rolls and are staring having to use newspaper in the face, so to speak. I have last Saturday's Daily Telegraph and Monday's Mail, but even newspapers seem to be in short supply here. I am pondering sacrificing some of my extensive collection of books to the good cause. For some reason Lord of the Rings comes to mind. :default_blink:

What about 'War and faeces' or ' Tale of two s..ties'

Sorry. That's the best I could do after my grog ration. :default_coat:

Colin:default_beerchug:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, SwanR said:

It's the same everywhere. But can you just confirm ... were you joking or have you really bought all that? And yes I have read your further reply but I'd still like to be sure as to whether this is for real.

Yes I have bought them Jean.. 

• Sad 4

2 hours ago, D46 said:

Why would you really put that in a boat toilet ??? , Sure you can use it but you will never find it in my holding tank ever , kitchen towel also works fine but not down the toilet ..why on Earth do you think proper boat toilet roll is thin and biodegradable ???? 

Would you like to explain why you have directed this to me please? 

22 minutes ago, vanessan said:

Would you like to explain why you have directed this to me please? 

Sure , it was your comment regarding forming a line behind broad ambition in which I presume your referring to Griff not the vessel as that's his forum name .

Griff is more than aware of the boat toilet rules in fact he's a phrase about it , however it was not made clear that blue roll should never go down a boat toilet as there's a very good chance it will block the pipe work , all was doing is pointing that out , sure you can use blue roll but dispose of it elsewhere .

My apologies if I've distressed you in any way but I automatically figured your were referring to Griff not the vessel .

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, D46 said:

Sure , it was your comment regarding forming a line behind broad ambition in which I presume your referring to Griff not the vessel as that's his forum name .

Griff is more than aware of the boat toilet rules in fact he's a phrase about it , however it was not made clear that blue roll should never go down a boat toilet as there's a very good chance it will block the pipe work , all was doing is pointing that out , sure you can use blue roll but dispose of it elsewhere .

My apologies if I've distressed you in any way but I automatically figured your were referring to Griff not the vessel .

You really shouldn’t presume things, you seem to constantly jump to all sorts of peculiar conclusions! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, vanessan said:

You really shouldn’t presume things, you seem to constantly jump to all sorts of peculiar conclusions! 

Your quite right , could I respectfully ask that your a little more specific in future and in so doing eliminate any chance of further presumptions .

4 hours ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

No it’s not stuff anyone else.... if that was the case I would of bought whole lot in the first shop I came to... Perhaps you should read what I have written and explained... I failed to mention my son drove up to me from his house 62 miles away to bring toilet rolls on Saturday because there was not one roll in my area.. Regardless to say people worse off than me... You try living with IBS crones disease then perhaps you would see why...  Also I have my 80yr old mother and father and 74yr old mother in law on lock down.. So is that stuff you Jack attitude I don’t think so... Perhaps you should go on toilet roll patrol and dictate to tell who and who can have one...

Now as your fully aware as you have obviously read the post and liked it I've been pulled on being a little presumptuous.

Have you bothered to think I might have health issues ? .

I'm hardly surprised to hear that toilet rolls in your area have sold out but I fully understand why they have , shortages are the direct result of stockpiling after all under normal circumstances there was no shortage , now if you need them all that's fine but it was yourself that stated you were stockpiling and had been for sometime.

I really can't for the life in me understand why on earth you chose to photograph them and the post it with details , surely you must have realised at some point at least one person was going to see it as wrong , I'm hardly on my own in thinking that looking at the replys on here .

As I said if you need them you need them but please for goodness sake don't promote it , just remember others may well be struggling for supply's and may well be in a similar situation health wise .

I'm quite sure you won't be the only member that's got a collection but your the only one that went public with it , and that's exactly why it got the response it did .

Stay safe and stay healthy .

• Like 2

I cannot see why people have to panic buy toilet rolls working on the assumption of one roll per male and two and a half per female per month one pack of nine would last a family of four over a month.I went to supermarket on tuesday evening a woman had twelve packs when i asked why she blushed and said she had a large family she had taken over a years worth its not only her but Australia and New Zealand have same problem i wonder if its world wide?? John

8 minutes ago, annv said:

I wonder if its world wide?? John

John - I wouldn’t mind betting that there are some countries that don’t have the luxury of toilet rolls. We, in the ‘civilised’ world take everything we have for granted. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, annv said:

I cannot see why people have to panic buy toilet rolls working on the assumption of one roll per male and two and a half per female per month one pack of nine would last a family of four over a month.I went to supermarket on tuesday evening a woman had twelve packs when i asked why she blushed and said she had a large family she had taken over a years worth its not only her but Australia and New Zealand have same problem i wonder if its world wide?? John

It's most definitely a problem in Canada at the moment although I believe it's not a problem in one of the worst hit areas Italy , apparently there the situation is stable as the Italians are only purchasing what they actually need .

14 hours ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

May I gently suggest that if you have Crohn's as I do then you learn to spell it.

I have had an email from M&S this morning entitled ‘Can you freeze it? Yes you can’. Good ideas and advice but I do wonder if it will encourage more stockpiling! I do hope there’s not going to be masses of wasted fresh food, our supermarkets locally are devoid of a lot of fresh veg and fruit and certainly fresh meat. I have to smile when they say they are limiting customers to three of this and four of that when they haven’t got any anyway. :default_cool:

37 minutes ago, annv said:

I have spoken to my son in Melbourne and my cousin in California both said nothing on the shelves.

12 minutes ago, SteveP said:

May I gently suggest that if you have Crohn's as I do then you learn to spell it

And may I gently suggest that there isn't anything particularly clever about picking people up on typos and spelling mistakes.

It seems that one member is taking the flak for everyone's frustration with the situation in general. He has explained quite clearly that he has been forced to react to the initial rush of stockpiling by those we are all rightly angry with. He has sought to to do this in as responsible way as he can and he has told us why he needs to do this. And that he has now stopped.

He didn't need to explain, he doesn't owe us an explanation but shared with us his personal situation in accordance with the 'all in it together' ethos of the forum.

Let's give him a break now guys... remember the adage about walking a mile in another man's shoes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I took my daughter to asda this morning where she bought her weekly shop with no problems, apparently the toilet roll aisle was empty as were the tinned food aisles. we still have whats left of the toilet rolls we bought several weeks ago, though in my current dilemma i have got through 2 rolls in 2 days.

one girl at work was struggling to get hold of size 5 nappies for her little one,he was down to her last few nappies so she put the word out to family, then she popped into the shops and spotted some so got 2 packs, unfortunately so did her mother and her father in law, so she now has 6 packs - or several weeks worth, fortunately her little one goes to stay at each of those parents / parents in law, so they will get used.

21 minutes ago, vanessan said:

I have had an email from M&S this morning entitled ‘Can you freeze it? Yes you can’. Good ideas and advice but I do wonder if it will encourage more stockpiling! I do hope there’s not going to be masses of wasted fresh food, our supermarkets locally are devoid of a lot of fresh veg and fruit and certainly fresh meat. I have to smile when they say they are limiting customers to three of this and four of that when they haven’t got any anyway. :default_cool:

Rediculous advice , where ever you go store wise there's plenty of frozen produce , why because people are stockpiling and freezing fresh food , and now M&S are surgesting they do , I give up some folk Haven't the brains they were born with .

I only hope these idiots are dating thing's they are freezing on Mass and understand what freezer burn is !