Bog Roll Wars.

Minigem

42 minutes ago, Ray said:

And may I gently suggest that there isn't anything particularly clever about picking people up on typos and spelling mistakes.

It seems that one member is taking the flak for everyone's frustration with the situation in general. He has explained quite clearly that he has been forced to react to the initial rush of stockpiling by those we are all rightly angry with. He has sought to to do this in as responsible way as he can and he has told us why he needs to do this. And that he has now stopped.

He didn't need to explain, he doesn't owe us an explanation but shared with us his personal situation in accordance with the 'all in it together' ethos of the forum.

Let's give him a break now guys... remember the adage about walking a mile in another man's shoes.

Nice one Ray 

Keep it friendly everyone, we need to pull together, be kind and nice to each other especially at a time like this 

Ray, any one walking in my shoes will end up in a wine bar :default_biggrin:

Stay well and take care 

Jay and Grace x

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SteveP said:

May I gently suggest that if you have Crohn's as I do then you learn to spell it.

Anything else wrong .... I don’t need spell it correct to have it OK...  !!! 

So you have a problem with people who can not spell correctly????  Obviously you have....  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

Anything else wrong .... I don’t need spell it correct to have it OK...  !!! 

So you have a problem with people who can not spell correctly????  Obviously you have....  

No I don't, I have a problem with people who bulk buy toilet rolls so that others can't and then post photos gloatng about it.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Ray said:

And may I gently suggest that there isn't anything particularly clever about picking people up on typos and spelling mistakes.

It seems that one member is taking the flak for everyone's frustration with the situation in general. He has explained quite clearly that he has been forced to react to the initial rush of stockpiling by those we are all rightly angry with. He has sought to to do this in as responsible way as he can and he has told us why he needs to do this. And that he has now stopped.

He didn't need to explain, he doesn't owe us an explanation but shared with us his personal situation in accordance with the 'all in it together' ethos of the forum.

Let's give him a break now guys... remember the adage about walking a mile in another man's shoes.

Wrong on 2 count's , first of all the only reason he's received a bit of a backlash is because he himself had the brass neck to make the stockpiling statement in the first place , most people would realise that wasn't a clever move .

Add to that he has no idea on anyone else health conditions or appear to be interested.

As for being responsible , is taking stock from small village stores actually a resposable thing to do for none residents ? They can't carry the stock supermarkets can and basically serve the local community and there's bound by to be people that depend on them .

As for having to explain , there would have been no need for that if the stockpiling ( his own words not mine )  post hadn't been made .

We are all in a frightening position right now every single one of us .

• Like 4

I appreciate we are all getting tense and worried but can we just stop having a go at each other on here and move on. We need to support each other now.  My anxiety levels are going up and I’m coming to the forum for a rest from all whats happening but now I’m reading all this bickering..... 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Lulu said:

I appreciate we are all getting tense and worried but can we just stop having a go at each other on here and move on. We need to support each other now.  My anxiety levels are going up and I’m coming to the forum for a rest from all whats happening but now I’m reading all this bickering..... 

With the deepest if respect I really don't see this as purely bickering , members are annoyed that's definitely not bickering .

The fact remains the whole episode was totally avoidable by thinking before typing .

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, D46 said:

With the deepest if respect I really don't see this as purely bickering , members are annoyed that's definitely not bickering .

The fact remains the whole episode was totally avoidable by thinking before typing .

I think you made both your feelings clear and your point over 18 hours ago and yet still seem intent on continuing it further. This is a friendly group, you've said your piece and maybe now is the time to let it go

Bog Roll - We have plenty in stock from previous purchases before it became more rare than a sunny bank holiday

I also have plenty of the large blue paper roll - Yes this can also be used with the onboard macerator as it breaks down very easily.  The problem is trying to find as toilet roll holder big enough to house it.  I did suggest to Cinc-Home that if we run out of normal bog roll, that I could put a couple of screws in the (Tiled - obviously) bathroom wall with some baler twine through a roll - This has been vetoed - Can't think why

What we are struggling to buy is Lurpak spreadable butter and red lentils - Why there should be s shortage of red lentils I have no idea

Griff

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Bog Roll - We have plenty in stock from previous purchases before it became more rare than a sunny bank holiday

I also have plenty of the large blue paper roll - Yes this can also be used with the onboard macerator as it breaks down very easily.  The problem is trying to find as toilet roll holder big enough to house it.  I did suggest to Cinc-Home that if we run out of normal bog roll, that I could put a couple of screws in the (Tiled - obviously) bathroom wall with some baler twine through a roll - This has been vetoed - Can't think why

What we are struggling to buy is Lurpak spreadable butter and red lentils - Why there should be s shortage of red lentils I have no idea

Griff

You could always use a kitchen roll holder. 🙂

I couldn’t find any fresh garlic this morning, I guess somewhere there’s a plethora of red lentil soup flavoured with garlic? 

1 minute ago, vanessan said:

I couldn’t find any fresh garlic this morning, I guess somewhere there’s a plethora of red lentil soup flavoured with garlic? 

Actually I think there's a plethora of red lentil soup flavoured with garlic complete with boiled eggs!

On the basis that chickens are not likely to catch Corona virus and haven't stopped laying eggs, why are there none in the shops!!!!

I'm going to admit now that all the people that panic bought* were right. Now there is fu   all nothing in the shops, even when they have just opened. We're being told there is enough to go round but I really don't believe it. If there is, where the fu   is it? We were at Sainsbury's when it opened this morning, no milk and no bread.

*except the idiots that bought 100s of toilet rolls, whats all that about?

I posted this on my facebook so I've had ti edit it ;)

35 minutes ago, EastCoastIPA said:

Actually I think there's a plethora of red lentil soup flavoured with garlic complete with boiled eggs!

On the basis that chickens are not likely to catch Corona virus and haven't stopped laying eggs, why are there none in the shops!!!!

It’s all to do with the shortage of toilet rolls. Too many eggs are known to cause constipation...................:default_coat:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SteveP said:

No I don't, I have a problem with people who bulk buy toilet rolls so that others can't and then post photos gloatng about it.

Im not gloating at all... Il

So in future now anyone on here who posts a photo of there BIG boat is classed as gloating then... ?

Because it might offend someone who can not afford a boat or have a little one... 

Im still waiting on your reply about people who can not spell properly??? 

19 minutes ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

Im not gloating at all... Il

So in future now anyone on here who posts a photo of there BIG boat is classed as gloating then... ?

Because it might offend someone who can not afford a boat or have a little one... 

Im still waiting on your reply about people who can not spell properly??? 

Please read my reply that you've quoted, it says I don't have a problem with typos!

9 minutes ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

Where Does it say Typos on here then ???????...  

It know you said you were a bit iffy on spelling, no big deal we all make those mistakes, but you asked me if I had a problem with people who "can't spell correctly "; I answered you NO I DON'T. You still seem not to have read it, it's perfectly clear.Read what I said not what you thought I might have said. This is getting ludicrous.

3 hours ago, Jayfire said:

I think you made both your feelings clear and your point over 18 hours ago and yet still seem intent on continuing it further. This is a friendly group, you've said your piece and maybe now is the time to let it go

No intentions of taking it further just purely replying to posts that quote me , or is that not allowed in your world ?