Coronavirus And The Broads

BroadsAuthority

18 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

I have been trying to work out my booze requirements too. I reckon I'm going to average between 4 and 6 pints a day so say 5! That's 70 bottles!!! A bottle of wine lasts me 2 days (so that's 7, call it 10) and I reckon a litre each of Whiskey and Gin. I also drink Pernod, Southern Comfort, and Seville Gin. 5 bottles of Port and of course 2 litres of Rum for the coffee.

I know that sounds a lot, but I will have to make it last two weeks. 

I think you need a tender for the liquid stores. 

22 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

I have been trying to work out my booze requirements too. I reckon I'm going to average between 4 and 6 pints a day so say 5! That's 70 bottles!!! A bottle of wine lasts me 2 days (so that's 7, call it 10) and I reckon a litre each of Whiskey and Gin. I also drink Pernod, Southern Comfort, and Seville Gin. 5 bottles of Port and of course 2 litres of Rum for the coffee.

With that lot on board you'll be able to go through the side arches at Potter bridge! :default_rofl:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, vanessan said:

I think you need a tender for the liquid stores. 

I'm very close to the Southern river. I'll store it. Just let me know what, where and when you want it delivered.... :default_norty::default_winko:

1 hour ago, JennyMorgan said:

Flour from the Co-op, worth a try. My local Carlton Colville one had plenty during the week. 

I often , well before we were locked down use to use that Coop a lot.   A bit on the pricey side but at Christmas etc when the other stores were heaving I always felt the Coop was the better option.  Plus they have quality goods most of the time and at least you could easily get parked. 

At the moment I have a small amount of SR and P flour and have been grinding down porridge oats to make wholewheat flour for making cakes.    It makes perfectly good gluten free flour if you have a blender or the like to whiz it down to a fine powder.

43 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Yes, Odd that, neither Red wine nor Port seem to effect the gout, not like creamer does.

Well thats it,   now where did I put that bottle of Port.   Cheers for that.  :default_winko:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/05/2020 at 14:56, MauriceMynah said:

If you were to consume the above over a 14 day period you would average over 24 units per day. Therefore you would be taking it onboard faster than it leaves your body and would require at least a complete lay-off of 48 hours or so before you could say you were sober.

I shall offer a prayer to both St Francis and St Augustine of Hippo for the safe passage of your liver through Potter Heigham.

• Haha 2

Are we allowed to overnight yet ? Just came back from working on the boat. Slightly concerning that there are boats clearly moored up for the night on Paddy's lane.  Yes some may be liveaboard or possibly left overnight - but I suspect not all are. 

I'm sure some people will chance their arm, the BA Rangers will knock off around 5-6pm and then won't be mobile until maybe 9am the next day leaving a large gap for some to wild moor...it's human nature - right or wrong I'm not judging.

2 minutes ago, marshman said:

The BA Rangers can only advise - they have no specific authority as over nighting is a matter for the police

Absolutely Marshman....but I don't think that there is anyone patrolling after the BA finish and as sunset is not until after 9pm potentially someone has a valid excuse to still be out until they return to their mooring and heading home.....or not as the case may be in some instances 

If someone has navlights they have a valid excuse to out till 11.59pm under the present rules.

As long as folk are keeping their social distancing I don't see the problem, yes it's against the rules but it's not likely to spread anything.

Before anyone jumps down my throat I have not seen my boat since may 12th and that was for 10 minutes as I was in the area for work, it has not been moved or slept on since march 20th.

• Like 3

When I see in the papers the enormous crowds on beaches all over the British coastline this weekend I hardly think a cabin cruiser  moored overnight at Paddy's Lane is going to change anything but that's just my opinion of course.

Maybe this is a "public duty" for what Stumpy has called - on another thread - "blazered buffers in well polished Freemans"?

I am only joking of course, as I would hate to see this forum go down that route and we must be careful that we don't!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Maybe this is a "public duty" for what Stumpy has called - on another thread - "blazered buffers in well polished Freemans"?

I am only joking of course, as I would hate to see this forum go down that route and we must be careful that we don't!

Oh it won't Vaughan, I've got my beady eye on 'em, besides which...I don't have a blazer. I do a good line in tweed though!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Timbo said:

Oh it won't Vaughan, I've got my beady eye on 'em, besides which...I don't have a blazer. I do a good line in tweed though!

I think Tim has had his fair share of yacht club commodores that think they know the regulations but dont.

I don't think the risk from over nighting is low - its NIL in the circumstances explained! Not low, NIL!

Its all about nimbys who won't allow second homers go back to their properties - I don't have a view on them as it does not affect me, but I am intrigued by the fact that some in Southwold, for example, still want them to stay away, yet in the same breath want extra Govt help in keeping their businesses alive, the very same the second homers attract and support!

Cannot have it both ways!!!!!

• Like 6

11 hours ago, RumPunch said:

Are we allowed to overnight yet ? Just came back from working on the boat. Slightly concerning that there are boats clearly moored up for the night on Paddy's lane.  Yes some may be liveaboard or possibly left overnight - but I suspect not all are. 

Nope, you must return to your main residence.

However, we all know that this is now being ignored by many people and we all know why. 

A couple of weeks back, the practice was uncommon. In the last week, it has balooned.  Two weeks ago, I would have been annoyed by it and tempted to call it in. Now, I am more tempted to knock on windows and yell "good on-ya". 

There are lots of people doing as they please because there is no credibility left in those that tell us what we should do and defend their mates when they are banged to rights. 

• Like 5