Bit Of A Long Shot Boat Id

Jocave

Don't know if anyone remembers the name of this fine craft , or a make/model , my father and myself hired this around 1984/5 It was our first father son holiday after my parents got divorced , just looking through some old photos when I stumbled across these pictures and it jogged my memory of more happy times so wondered if it was still around , not 100% sure but pretty certain it was from Richo's

20200319_190300.jpg

20200319_190314.jpg

Well, she is an Aquafibre Ruby 33 and I think I can make out the reg number as B90 which according to Craigs Database makes her San Fernando 2(later San Evita 2) from Richardsons. 

Also according to the database Richos were Blakes untill '83.

• Thanks 1

Looks like Horning Pleasure craft and Richardsons (who I believe were one and the same) had them so I think you remember correctly:1310_thumbsup_tone1:

3 hours ago, Regulo said:

Ah, yes, that's the one. Was it ever in Richardsons fleet? I'm sure I viewed it there. But it was 20 years ago!!

I remember many years ago seeing a picture of a Calypso where somebody had installed a pushpit with seats attached. They were steering from the stern – can't remember it they had installed a tiller or a steering wheel. In effect it had become a dual steer.

Having a look through old brochures. B90 (which appears to be the registration number appears as Hoseasons, Stalham Pleasurecraft in 1991 as San Fernando. Craig's data base suggests it got there through fleet mergers. The San prefix seems to originate with Johnsons Yacht Station, St Olaves which was Blakes but didn't have an Aquafibre 33. The Stalham Pleasurecraft fleet also seems to have boats from  Ferry Boatyard, Horning which was in Blakes and did have an Aquafibre 33 - Ferry Buccaneer, but it doesn't appear in the 1995 brochure and Craig's database list different numbers. Don't know if this helps or jogs any memories.

• 1 year later...

Going back to the original post there were 3 of these Aquafibre 33 Ruby's operating out of Richardsons initially under the Stalham Pleasurecraft brand. I believe when it was initially set up cc 1989/90 it was mainly made up of Johnson yacht Station and Ferry Marina hire boats as has been suggested who may well have still been listed in the Blake's brochure as operating out of those yards therefore for atleast one season the boats operated under the Blake's booking system up at the John Williams end of the yard. 

As to this class one was ex Ferry the other two were re registered B90 and B92 from another Wateway and I believe came from the Thames as Richardsons were buying everything that floated at the time. Whispering Water class at Waterline Maiden head is a likely candidate. Although the Hoseasons 1988 brochure I am looking at uses a stock Harvey Eastwood boat rather than the actual class so the green livery isn't confirmed

Neil

21 hours ago, CrazyFranky60 said:

Hi, 

I now own this boat it used to be called San Evita 2 but  when I bought it  the name had been changed again to Happily Everafter. I bought it last year and am now living on it in Newhaven

My pal, Simon, bought that boat from Richardson's and renamed it to Happily Everafter. It was moored 100 yards from the Freedom boatyard until he decided to sell through NYA and purchased a narrow-beam Sapphire 37. 

I believe this was the last one Richardsons had in hire.  There are none in hire on the Broads now. I have one that I had refitted but never completed that was going into hire, but we closed the business before finishing her.