Pastboating

Absolutely correct Chelsea14Ian, we started in 1980 and ceased in 1995 when mobility problems caused us to stop.We hired from Neatishead Boatyard at Wayford Bridge for 5 years, Aston Boats at Bexccles for 4 years Sabena Marine for 1 year and Stalham Yacht Services for 4 years. Great service from all of them.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Welcome past boating and Woodie.

Am I correct one of you has stopped boating and the other likes wooden boats?

Hi Chelsea14Ian, wooden boats argh! Never again.

First boat I owned in the early eighties was a 24 ft wooden cruiser, bought as a project after coming back from my second time on the Broads really wanting a boat. Thought it would take a few weekends to sort it. Took the rose coloured specs off and realised it might take longer. It did. A lot longer! I was young and enthusiastic then.

Finished it and had some great times on the rivers and canals here around Leicester for some years , but doubt I will own wooden again. 
Forum name alludes more to my name.

Mr Woods?For me I've been boating on the broads since the sixties on and off.As a child we had two holidays thanks to Martham boats.Then a gap to 1974.Another longer gap.My wife Marina was concerned about staying on the boat,because  she couldn't  swim.Early 2000s,our son Alan invited us onto a boat he hired.From there Marina got the bug.Lots of trips to the Broads, Then our buying our first boat in 2009.I did at one time put a deposit down on a woodie.I would love a wooden boat,but really dont have the time or skills to do so.As close as I can get is this.Photo taken last summer. 20190905_133242.thumb.jpg.f9722ee4d7977313aa27d583b943a831.jpg

• Like 2