Windscreen Demisters

Does anyone use a windscreen demister unit(s)? One of the owners in the Silver Cloud syndicate has asked if we can fit these for use during the Winter months. I note  Brian Ward stock them and we can get Jason to fit them at Horning Marina but do they work? Silver Cloud is a Diamond 35.

Fred

FDSC04037.thumb.jpg.d6799270bb0dab606b1063b41ff8b35b.jpg

There are demisters on Swan Reflection and they do work. We found them very helpful when we were out a couple of weeks ago. I've not come across them on any other hireboats that we've had as far as I can recall.

• Like 1

Hi Fred If you are talking about the cylindrical electric ones, yes they work very well had one for years, i have a little dedicated 2 amp three pin plug for mine so i don't have to leave on the window frame just the bottom bracket then keep it  under dash until needed which is not that often, good bit of kit.  John

• Like 1

I have an offshoot from my eberspacher up to the screen with a bmw vent outlet at the helm to duct some across to the far side, I have a pull cable that switches the ducting up to the screen and shuts the cabin off, originally done with a plastic y flap valve but it was crap so made my own change over valve, the butterflys are from an aircraft carb and fuel injection servo, all exhaust wrapped and foil taped for insulation.

1655172646_20190611_1657391.thumb.jpg.7af2a08e3f6a898852ee68b4402bd9ba.jpg

126207995_20190629_1248181.thumb.jpg.755c43f9ff2e0903068971e2eb14a086.jpg

• Like 4

I guess that ought to do it! Looks like a very good job.

Crown Cruisers built a lot of their boats with a small 12v fan, some Webasto type trunking and some little vent grills on the dashboard under the screen. You could switch the fan on when the engine was running and it simply blew warm air from the engine compartment up onto the screen. Very simple, and surprisingly effective. Also virtually "hirer proof"!

When we hired Swan Romance I noticed they had fitted something similar.

I don't suppose this would work on a boat with the engine aft!

• Like 1