• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

Sign in to follow this  
Jemaki

New Inn Horning

Happy to say that once the Coronavirus restrictions are lifted the New Inn will be re-opening and the new proprietor will be Roy the current landlord of the Maltsters at Ranworth Broad, we were in the Maltsters on the last night of trading before the restrictions came in to force and Roy is very much looking forward to taking over the reigns. He is not planning to give up the Maltsters and it will bring his portfolio of pubs to four.

regards

John.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I for one hope the standard of food is as high as before at the new Inn. Cant remember the last time We had food at the Maltsters.

That explains a conversation that I overheard when we had lunch in there a couple of weeks ago. 

Sid told me about it a couple of weeks ago although nothing had been signed then. The good thing as far as I'm concerned is that dogs will now be welcome.

• Like 2

I’ve known for about a month but it wasn’t my place to say publicly

I too will be glad it will be at last dog friendly. Just need a new gundog pup now

Griff

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

I for one hope the standard of food is as high as before at the new Inn. Cant remember the last time We had food at the Maltsters.

I don't think there'll be any worries there. In our experience the food at The Maltsters was at least equal to, if not better, than the New Inn.

Like Charlie said, at least they will be dog friendly now :)

This excellent news, we always go to the Malsters when on the broads, when I can't get moored at the staithe I row across from the Island

The beer and the food has always been good quality, hopefully they will continue to book moorings, and now they are dog friendly (hopefully) I wont have to worry about the weather

Apart from Sonia from the Ferry House taking it over, I cant think of a better result for me!

Now, all I need is Covid -19 to be gone by 26th June and I'll be a happy boy!

So will Mandy, she's an Advanced Nurse Practitioner at a GP's and hasn't been home before 8pm for 2 weeks, her surgery should finish at 5pm!

Looks like I will also be cooking breakfast as well, if we get away!   :default_icon_e_surprised:

• Like 1