New Inn Horning

Happy to say that once the Coronavirus restrictions are lifted the New Inn will be re-opening and the new proprietor will be Roy the current landlord of the Maltsters at Ranworth Broad, we were in the Maltsters on the last night of trading before the restrictions came in to force and Roy is very much looking forward to taking over the reigns. He is not planning to give up the Maltsters and it will bring his portfolio of pubs to four.

regards

John.

16 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

I for one hope the standard of food is as high as before at the new Inn. Cant remember the last time We had food at the Maltsters.

I don't think there'll be any worries there. In our experience the food at The Maltsters was at least equal to, if not better, than the New Inn.

Like Charlie said, at least they will be dog friendly now :)

This excellent news, we always go to the Malsters when on the broads, when I can't get moored at the staithe I row across from the Island

The beer and the food has always been good quality, hopefully they will continue to book moorings, and now they are dog friendly (hopefully) I wont have to worry about the weather

Apart from Sonia from the Ferry House taking it over, I cant think of a better result for me!

Now, all I need is Covid -19 to be gone by 26th June and I'll be a happy boy!

So will Mandy, she's an Advanced Nurse Practitioner at a GP's and hasn't been home before 8pm for 2 weeks, her surgery should finish at 5pm!

Looks like I will also be cooking breakfast as well, if we get away!   :default_icon_e_surprised:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello Folks

Just a line to find out if the New Inn has opened?

Tried the email given on Trip Adviser but it bounced back. Holidaying, again, on the broads in September and we always moor there at some point.

Take care

J

12 minutes ago, w-album said:

"All bookings will now be through the following number 01692 631101! "

Posted on FB a short while ago!

Ta for that, I'll update my phone (again!). Reading between the lines, they've been a bit overwhelmed by the interest.

Guest Jayfire
3 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Must be difficult for pubs and restaurants opening up again with reduced space to accommodate people. 

True, but of the pubs I've tried on the broads since reopening everything has run like clockwork and you'd have never thought anything was (within reasonable belief) any different to normal, nor felt your safety was in jeopardy.

Keep supporting my beloved establishment's people, they're doing a great job :default_beerchug:

Fantastic. Called them on that number.

Glad to hear the pubs are coping well and hoping they all get through this mess. Read the reviews on the Cross Keys at Dilham and nice to see them giving better than they got. There are some s**t heads about!

Still working on a face mask with an air tight straw fitted. Will need to be 15mm diameter me thinks!!

Thank you all

Just got back from 7 days away and managed to eat every evening except Beccles where we had a Chinese takeaway, the Bear and Bells was closed and Waveney Hotel only allow dogs in the garden and the weather was unsettled we had a couple of drinks though

Horning was a disaster Monday lunchtime, got moored opposite the Ferry and rowed across 

Ferry were only doing full meals and didn’t have real beer but a pint of Stella went down well, whilst at the bar someone complained that they had wait over an hour for their food so we drank up and went down to New Inn which I rang before we went away and got no answer and they didn’t reply to the email I sent them

The New Inn weren’t doing food until Wednesday so down to the Swan

We were registering track and trace with the reception when he wandered off halfway through to sort a problem with a customer who was complaining they ordered  drinks an hour ago but not had them, we waited 10mins to come back but didn’t so we decided to go back to the boat for lunch

But on the whole the pubs performed very well and were very welcoming 

Special mention for Surlingham Ferry, Stokesby Ferry, Malsters Fur & Feather and New Inn Rockland

We had a couple of toilet problems whilst away (one my kids didn’t get the flush system🤭)

Brinks office were very ‘off’ with us but Herbert Woods were fantastic, I know which one I’d be more inclined to book with in the future

But had a great time!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Oh, just to add Brinks did do a pump out and let us double moor on the river front to a boat they were preparing ( two day boats thought it wise to come through the gap between us rather than going round, got to say the day boats were more of a pain than usual)

The guys in the yard were fine and let us stay for a while to wander up to Wroxham

Also on the pubs the Kings Head at Ludham was also excellent and most welcoming even if two kids in the play area thought it fun to continually slam the gate!

Parents did nothing, maybe I’m getting old!  😉