At Home For At Least 12 Weeks.

5 hours ago, floydraser said:

This reminds me:

We used to be season ticket holders at Leicester Tigers and stood in a regular spot next to an old guy who had a sailing boat on the Hamble. When I bought my Seal 22 he told me to get some Patio Magic to clean the algae and green mould from the boat. I've never heard mention of it on this forum until now, but I now know from experience, it works!

Anyone else used it?

I have used it, with great effect, but should never be used while afloat. It is an extremely strong biocide and hence a strong Marine Pollutant.

8 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Have you or are you going to take up a hobby...

I have always wanted to learn how to play the drums. I reckon I could master it in 12 weeks if I put a decent few hours in a day. And, with the neighbours home as well they will be able tell me how much I am improving by banging on the wall, hopefully within tempo :default_biggrin:

• Haha 4

I planted my potatoes on the allotment during my lunch break today, so that’s a good job done.

Graham found that he’s down to the last pot of the marmalade that I made in January. He doesn’t half go through the stuff...bit like Paddington Bear.  Luckily I’ve got one of those tins of orange pulp for cheats homemade marmalade making in the cupboard and enough sugar. So that’s a job for the next rainy day. 

• Like 2

I must say, the weather is glorious, ttypical really I suppose, but at least I am getting out into the garden, mind you I could do with a new pair of secateurs a new broom and some nettle proof gloves (they made it through gardening gloves with latex ones underneath)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grendel said:

I must say, the weather is glorious, ttypical really I suppose, but at least I am getting out into the garden, mind you I could do with a new pair of secateurs a new broom and some nettle proof gloves (they made it through gardening gloves with latex ones underneath)

Not got any welding gauntlets?  

4 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

So have you had a series of texts?.I got texts on Monday then a letter yesterday. 

Two texts on Monday, Three yesterday and one today (So far).  Checking back, the letters are supposed to arrive by the 29th. If not I'm supposed to contact them. I hope that works better than Tesco's "Contact Us".

I've just tried to volunteer for the NHS service as someone would help out on the phone. Something I can do even though I'm at home.Went through the whole process, but because  I'm not very tech clever  the bit about  documents put a stop to that.Shame really think I would  have liked to of helped .

2m  boundary if you are on your own in an empty room is still ok.

The problem is on big sites with workers arriving on public transport and not distancing on site.

I could have carried on with most of the planbed work under the current guidelines but it wasn't worth the risk of it changing overnight.

We will have a cushion of work if we ever get back.

I could have slotted a big job in for a school, booked for Easter. Of course although the schools are shut, they are still open.

2 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Hmmm?  Wonder if I could get away with that one,  I have a floor to tile round the corner - I'll ask them - Maybe

Griff

I'm sure Griff you could easily carry out your work without getting too close to your employer as like me, we work alone and can regulate our personal contact with others. 

• Like 1

Yes it is, its the kitchen floor with direct access from outside - side door - I also travel alone in Trevor, if it wasn't for the materials I could just walk round the corner!  The owners could easily stay out of the kitchen too.  I'll put it to them next week maybe

Another job I've been asked to carry out, is cleaning moss etc off a bungalow roof, its a big bungalow and will take at least a couple of days.  The bungalow is stand alone - No neighbours (Farm house).  I'd be most surprised if I met anyone up there!

Griff

• Like 1

Good luck Griff,good to keep busy.Yesterday we had an unwelcome thing happen.Our kitchen drain overflowed. We tried to unblock it,without much luck.Luckerly we have insurance. Someone's coming round tomorrow. I will probably have to go upstairs while it gets fixed.

• Like 1

If anyone is still working you need to avoid touching surfaces that the owner might then touch later or have sanitizing wipes to wipe down on leaving or ask them to lightly bleach later.  My husband reminded me to wash all loose fruit and vegetables before eating if not being cooked.  Its little things like that you forget.  Don't let them make you a cup of tea ............. Probably my last day at work .................The 80% thing means still work all the time or nothing not just the occasional day to keep the place running on a skeleton staff

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Oldspice said:

I thought Broadsedge was closed up and gates locked 😱

Hi Old Spice, we left Broadsedge on Monday (23rd March) and apart from David understandably not letting anyone inside the office things were still running as normal. We are back in Cumbria so I am not sure how things are today though after the new restrictions came in.

John.

Like many I will be showing my support tonight at 8 o'clock. For all those in the NHS and all the key workers,Police, emergency  services, workers in the supermarkets, delivery workers.In fact all those that are working to help us all.I won't be outside, because I'm at high risk,but I will show my support from indoors.Again well done one and all,thank you.

• Like 3