At Home For At Least 12 Weeks.

That’s really good, I’m so pleased for you, well done for volunteering.

Though I’d just mention that IKEA staff were advised that the virus can stay viable on surfaces for about three days. Hope self-employed people like Griff can get out there are do jobs whilst still social distancing, but watch those surfaces!

• Like 1

I realised yesterday that it was only two weeks since we returned from our break on the Broads. Everything still open. Business as usual. My crystal ball certainly didn’t tell me that life would be so changed so soon. 

Yesterday morning a van mounted the pavement and took out the green box near us that provides all our Virgin Media services. Last night we started watching our Live Aid boxset. This morning somehow service is already restored. That’s fast work given the damage and the consideration that has to be given now to everything that any of us do. 

• Like 2

I think the last few weeks has shown how quickly life can change. Two weeks ago I was very busy at work looking forward to getting back on the broads and doing  lots of some really nice things in the summer. All of which is put on hold. I think it shows very clearly life is precious and must be treated as so.We are all at risk.Sadly we dont have a magic bullet. 

On a lighter note.I was wondering. Many boys and girls on Friday and Saturday nights go out drinking  often in -4 temp,snowing rain,in very little cloths.Boys short sleeve shirts . Girls,mini skirt,short sleeve top high heels and hand bag.What do they do now?Wear said cloths and stay indoors,or just watch tv?

One of the girls at work left the start of the month. Her farewell drinks was at a club close to work.My god made me feel old(I am).Certainly the eldest, drinks need a bank loan for a round. 

Try and have a good,all be it a different weekend. Stay safe.

1 hour ago, grendel said:

I think some of the 30somethings in our office see me as the older generation they are protecting from the virus (and i'm only 60)

Wait until you are 66 and the young folk start talking down to you as though you are senile. :default_biggrin:

• Haha 1

It hit me when I was in Australia. I rented a house in Flemington but would travel into Melbourne CBD on the tram or train. The standard of etiquette is very strong within public transport in Aus. I was constantly offered a seat by both sexes.

During my time in Melbourne I discovered the delights of Victoria Market selling the most fabulous meat, fish, fruit and vegatables. In order to get it home I bought a "Wheely Bag" which only added credability to my age.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hello Peter,

For any of your colleagues to talk down to you they would have to be at least 7 foot tall:default_norty:

Regards

Alan

there are a couple that almost qualify there, one of them is one of our lovely ladies, some of whom can be seen in this picture from our christmas meal (all are electrical engineers)

79371902_10219071638359725_6242486509467860992_o.jpg

• Like 3

So no doubt you will have a go on your bike when you can.Also trips on the boat.What are you all looking forward to when this madness ends?

I will just be glad to do simple things go for a coffee, drink.Perhaps visit the beach and of course the boat without the worry of this horrible disease. 

• Like 1

I have cancelled a week in Purbeck followed by a 3000km continental road trip. Right now I would settle for a drive along the coast road, walk out to the beach along the sea wall at Burnham Overy Staithe and finish off with Cod & Chips at No1, Cromer on the way home.

But being thankful for small mercies, as they say, my track leading to the house is part of the Paston Way. I can walk out of my drive onto the track and walk on footpaths and green lanes for miles, only fields and the sound of the Larks. I consider myself very lucky.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

So no doubt you will have a go on your bike when you can.Also trips on the boat.What are you all looking forward to when this madness ends?

I will just be glad to do simple things go for a coffee, drink.Perhaps visit the beach and of course the boat without the worry of this horrible disease. 

Just had 18 months in a form of lockdown, being treated for illness, my treatment has stopped due to risk from the virus, just enjoying feeling well for the first time in ages, we still have a lot to be thankful for.

• Like 10

55 minutes ago, Victoryv said:

Just had 18 months in a form of lockdown, being treated for illness, my treatment has stopped due to risk from the virus, just enjoying feeling well for the first time in ages, we still have a lot to be thankful for.

Puts it into perspective.  Stay well,

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Victoryv said:

Keep we’ll.