At Home For At Least 12 Weeks.

Seems to me that those who are being shielded who normally work should be placed on furlough automatically. Does the firm have to completley shut down to qualify for Gov funding? I am currently furloughed but I believe some of our garages are on call for things like emergency vehicles and such.(I am a vehicle technician working for a large dealer group).

Not all staff have to be furloughed and the designation can be lifted anytime in the three month period but it can't be re applied. Not all staff have to be recalled at the same time.

It would be possible to furlogh you first and recall you last. You could then go on SSP if your exile needed ti be extended.

I have the same situation with one if my staff and that is how it is being dealt with. Where there is a will… .

• Like 1

I just think sadly my company despite all there talk about caring for peoples well being and mental health.There just interested in making money. I am somewhat annoyed, I have worked hard for them and often put the company before myself.If in different circumstances  I would tell them where to stick there job,sadly I'm  at home unable to  do anything for at least 12 weeks.

• Sad 3

Sadly today we were going to go up to the boat for the first time this season. Not sure like most not sure when we will.We intended to take the boat to Beccles, Steven there was going to do some repair work making the boat look better.Over the years the edging looking a bit rough. Dont know when we will get back on the water.Think now work on the boat won't happen until end of the season or next season. 

• Sad 1

On 26/03/2020 at 20:31, Chelsea14Ian said:

I'm so pleased, I've just been accepted as a NHS volunteer. I'm unable to  go out but can be on the end of the phone to listen and help others.Very much looking forward to do what I can.

Ian - have you been able to give assistance at all?

I'm three weeks into my 12 week isolation. For me at least some good news.last week I and another chef were told because we are in isolation we would be on SSP.Both of us questioned the reasoning behind that.Pleased to say my boss phoned me this morning to say we will get like the rest 80%pay.Takes some of the worry away.

• Like 10

On 04/04/2020 at 17:37, Chelsea14Ian said:

I'm still waiting  for final checks from them.

Sky News is reporting this morning that volunteers will shortly be brought into use, 750,000 signed up. Looks like you are about to start Ian - good luck. 

Not quite. I received a email on Sunday.Have been turned down.It appears it may be the picture I sent them of my passport was unclear.They required copies of documents such as passport, or bank statements, p45/p60.Looking at the photo I sent them,it was slightly unclear.Very disappointing,they said they will reissue applications soon and I can reapply .Which I will do,making sure I provide a better photo.

Every day now on the news,interviews take place in peoples home.Cant help but notice some of there book shelves are untidy.Last Friday I tidied my shelves. 

A few photos  of mine.The first still a little untidy on the bottom shelve.Some of my meds.My Easter eggs and chocs.Our pets.Still overall fairly  tidy.

20200407_090740.jpg

20200407_090753.jpg

Guest Jayfire
6 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Cant help but notice some of there book shelves are untidy.Last Friday I tidied my shelves. 

Not seen one like that, isn't this a book shelf Ian?? I always keep mine tidy :default_smiley-angelic002:

20200407_092050.thumb.jpg.430202a671d86e1ef095299ef2d687c1.jpg

Guest Jayfire
8 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Of course its tidy its Kindle.:default_biggrin:

Yeah but I have to tell my lady to wipe the screen clean for me every now and again, it takes it out of you sometimes all that work :default_biggrin:

Guest Jayfire

I'd be surprised if I even have 10, I find it hard to settle down long enough to be able to relax and read, despite what someone may say on the contrary :default_biggrin:

39 minutes ago, grendel said:

only 10 books Jay, you are slacking I have over 250 on audible alone, similar on kindle, and probably a few thousand in real paper on bookshelves

Almost ditto! I keep donating paper books to the charity shops but the stock doesn’t seem to go down. I like the kindle app but still prefer a proper book. Audible has been my saviour over the years, being a poor sleeper from time to time listening to a few chapters has helped no end. Kindle books are useful when you don’t want to lug a bag full of books around. I particularly like the way you can read a book on, say, iPhone then pick up exactly where you left off on iPad. 

• Like 1

Guest Jayfire
4 hours ago, vanessan said:

Almost ditto! I keep donating paper books to the charity shops but the stock doesn’t seem to go down.

Well due to the isolation I've finished 4 books this morning, and believe me, that's a lot of colouring :default_smile: