At Home For At Least 12 Weeks.

Guest Jayfire
24 minutes ago, vanessan said:

Like shiny pictures do you Cap’n? :default_norty:

I'm far too young and innocent to know what you may be implying Mrs V I am sure :default_smiley-angelic002:

I do have some pics that I have a particular interest in and extremely fond of however, I'd never share them though :default_norty:

Quite out of the blue I have had a letter from my surgery informing me that I have been identified as being a high risk patient and should stay indoors for 12 weeks from now! Apart from having no idea why I am considered as such, the fact I have only just had the letter puts me 4 weeks behind others. That keeps me locked up until mid July! I’d like to find out why but don’t want to be a nuisance on the phone as I’m sure they have plenty to deal with at present. ☹️

I disagree, if it was me I would  phone them.My understanding GPs sent a list of people at high risk up to the NHS and Government. Then  I and others received  a series of Texts followed up with letters.Unsure why your surgery wrote to you.Just my opinion  dont think you would necessarily be  four weeks behind the rest of us.

1 hour ago, vanessan said:

Quite out of the blue I have had a letter from my surgery informing me that I have been identified as being a high risk patient and should stay indoors for 12 weeks from now! Apart from having no idea why I am considered as such, the fact I have only just had the letter puts me 4 weeks behind others. That keeps me locked up until mid July! I’d like to find out why but don’t want to be a nuisance on the phone as I’m sure they have plenty to deal with at present. ☹️

You should call and dont feel you are a nuisance especially if you dont know why! 

1 minute ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

I disagree, if it was me I would  phone them.My understanding GPs sent a list of people at high risk up to the NHS and Government. Then  I and others received  a series of Texts followed up with letters.Unsure why your surgery wrote to you.Just my opinion  dont think you would necessarily be  four weeks behind the rest of us.

I did finally telephone the surgery for clarification. To cut a long story short, because I have a long term medical condition plus I am under cancer care, that’s the reason I have been contacted.  (Neither of those things, as such, are listed by the NHS or Govt.) Decided by the GPs in the practice. The letter said 12 weeks from the date on it, that takes it to mid July. I am grateful that my doctor clearly has my best interests at heart, albeit a bit late in the day!

Part two today  oven cleaning. Pleased with the out come.Had a go last week but oven cleaner we had wasn't strong enough. I got a trade one from catering supplier. Still took a few hours,but pleased with the results. 

A few pics. Top door,you couldn't see out of it now you can.Bottom photo the oven.

20200417_151828.jpg

20200417_151837.jpg

• Like 1

Being a Chef,our oven needed alot of work on it.As I said I got a heavy duty cleaner. Lot of work but it did the trick.Most pro kitchens now are fairly high tec and have cleaning programmes. Using tablets and they clean themselves and once done turn themselves  off.zDo it every day. One of the best things going. 

• Like 1

Changing the topic a bit but wishing to take advantage of your chef’s skills and knowledge Ian ... to cook or not to cook the apples before cooking the apple crumble? No brown sugar so which do I use ... ordinary white or castor sugar with the apples ... which to further complicate things are Braeburn eating apples not Bramley’s cooking apples. Haven’t made a crumble in years and am going to need a recipe but don’t want to waste the apples that we haven’t got round to eating !! 🤭

Okay Jean, the apples are different  varieties. Both very good.Any sugar is okay. You can add little maple syrup, makes it nice and rich.Try Dutch apple sultanas and a little powdered coriander. Something a little different. Apple and pear crumble.Mixture of cooking ,eating apples and pears.Try a little oats in your crumble mix or granola. 

Sorry if I've confused you.

Just ask happy to help.I did set up a post sometime ago .Tips on cooking.

Ask away.

Let me know how you get on Ian

• Thanks 1

Commiserations to all of you "at risk" and locked in. It's bad enough for those that are allowed out under restriction!

On a serious note, I've been thinking about the eventual relaxing of the present measures, and am a bit perplexed as to how it will affect the detainees (yourselves). The restrictions will at some point be lifted, but the virus will still be around, albeit at a reduced level. So will it then be any less dangerous for those in the high risk category? Or will your lockdown continue for as long as the virus remains in the community? To be blunt (and apologies if I upset anyone, it's not intended) if you're going to die of this virus, then there's no difference in contracting it now, in three months time or two years time. The treatment you receive will be no different, and the outcome no different. The present situation is to allow the NHS to cope, which they are doing heroically, but going forward, it's hard to see a light at the end of this tunnel.

Sorry to sound so negative, I'm pinning my hopes on a vaccine, the sooner the better!! 

Pharmacies all seem to have their own individual interpretations on how to instigate protective measures.

At my "in-laws" local pharmacy, physical access inside is restricted to just one person at a time (and only then barely inside, where there's a table from which you're served). The staff collect anything that you want from around the shelves and/or deal with your prescription before anyone else can enter.

Contrast that to the pharmacy where I've just been collecting a patient's prescription, where there's a couple of lengths of tape on the floor, 6ft apart. Approach the counter was past another customer at an adjacent counter (too close for comfort) in order to sign for and collect the prescription. I did however ignore the glass of biros provided and use my own in preference. I can't say that I was all that impressed with their system but like everyone else, I do thoroughly appreciate the "front line" service that they're providing.

37 minutes ago, TeamElla said:

This is the silly thing, I don’t fall into any of the categories listed on the vulnerable persons list! I do wonder if some GPs are being ultra cautious and covering themselves. Even when I phoned the surgery for clarification, the young lady wasn’t really sure why I had been included but seemed happy to latch onto something that ‘could’ be the reason. Still, I am of the age range that has to be careful and act sensibly (??!!) so I doubt I will be outdoor partying any time soon. ☹️

Clear  I started this post as someone at High risk.I suffer as most know I have COPD.Had all the texts and letters from the NHS and the Government. There seems to be some surgeries appearing to going beyond what is coming from the NHS and Government. Not sure why

I am concerned for a number of reasons when we start to come out of this nightmare. Concerned for my health, but also work.I'm due to retire May next year.Have no idea what will happen when the lid starts to left.When this first started it was thought those at most risk. Those with underlying health problems, those with cancer, transplant  and the elderly. What now seems very worrying is younger people, and some that are quite fit are getting  I'll and dieing .Im honest with my self.have health problems and sadly no longer a youngster. Think the important thing is the infection and death  rates drop.Think we are going in the right direction 

What's worrying. In some parts of America they seems to not be listening and doing what that want,far from helpful. We all need to bite the bullet and get over this as soon as possible. 

• Like 2

I am classed as in the vulnerable , so locked down for 12 weeks, my treatment for cancer has also ceased for the time being, whilst this is a worry I am just enjoying feeling well for the first time in 18 months, so effectively under very powerful chemotherapy I have been in lockdown for quite a long time, a few more months won't make much difference.

Today is my birthday, I have a yearning for a cheap and cheerful italian restaurant, pizza and to much red wine, followed by insomnia inducing espresso coffee and grappa, bliss!

Still look on the bright side, Lasagne for tea!

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, Victoryv said:

I am classed as in the vulnerable , so locked down for 12 weeks, my treatment for cancer has also ceased for the time being, whilst this is a worry I am just enjoying feeling well for the first time in 18 months, so effectively under very powerful chemotherapy I have been in lockdown for quite a long time, a few more months won't make much difference.

Today is my birthday, I have a yearning for a cheap and cheerful italian restaurant, pizza and to much red wine, followed by insomnia inducing espresso coffee and grappa, bliss!

Still look on the bright side, Lasagne for tea!

A friend  like you is or was having treatment for Cancer. Hope your treatment  resumes soon.

Have a very happy  birthday. I will raise a glass to you tonight .Cheers.