At Home For At Least 12 Weeks.

I went to the pharmacy yesterday and I have to say I was more than impressed.      I arrived at an open door, popped my head just inside  and yelled - can I come in - a voice yelled back - not yet got two in here already, so I waited back a bit and one lady came out , so I popped my head just inside the main door and yelled again,  this time it was yes come in.    My prescription was retrieved immediately and I paid for the next two to be delivered for me, as in ' that' group.     I would clearly have paid double what she asked for but she was insistent.        I found the pharmacy was more efficient than it usual is,  they seem to be getting on better with not so many people at once.   So a good thing.

A very Happy Birthday VictoryV ,  I have an excuse for a few wines tonight.       I will also raise a glass to the back end of this virus.:default_winko:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Victoryv said:

I am classed as in the vulnerable , so locked down for 12 weeks, my treatment for cancer has also ceased for the time being, whilst this is a worry I am just enjoying feeling well for the first time in 18 months, so effectively under very powerful chemotherapy I have been in lockdown for quite a long time, a few more months won't make much difference.

Today is my birthday, I have a yearning for a cheap and cheerful italian restaurant, pizza and to much red wine, followed by insomnia inducing espresso coffee and grappa, bliss!

Still look on the bright side, Lasagne for tea!

Happy birthday old chap

20200418_200444.thumb.jpg.0d75a5a5d52121ed7effaa5b8ff986b7.jpg

Cheers!

• Like 5

Well. Just over a week ago the company asked for those that are merely vulnerable and not extremely vulnerable to return to work as they have sorted out 2M distancing.  It did however give you permission to say no. 

After a conversation by phone with my boss,  I got a letter from HR that I'm furloughed for the duration,  it also said in my case it was entirely understandable that I did not wish to return.

I have 2 conditions on the vulnerable list and an unlisted because it's rare third condition... 

Meanwhile I've only been out to pick up a prescription once or to walk the dog once a day. We are  lucky? to have 1.5 acres of jungle to slowly turn into a garden, also I've been working on the sailing boat and model railway. 

Our dog walk is very quiet in 20 + years of living here,  we've only met people on that tour half a dozen times. Though of those, 3 occasions have been strangers since lock down. 

A picture of one thing I've built since the lock down. 

IMG_20200408_133051_1.jpg

• Like 2

The wooden with foam filled voids,  stub keel for my 16ft keelboat.  I'm currently making the fibre glass skin/ mould  for the 150kg lead lump on the bottom.  Once filled and bolted to the stub,  the entire thing will be fibreglassed over. 

I've not worked now since 18 march and will be unable to leave the house until if I'm lucky by the middle of June.I've not left the house since 23 March, which was my birthday.I do have the garden, theres many in my position that don't have a garden that can't be easy.When I'm allowed out I will be like a kid in a sweet shop.Still I am well thankfully.

On 18/04/2020 at 10:27, SwanR said:

Changing the topic a bit but wishing to take advantage of your chef’s skills and knowledge Ian ... to cook or not to cook the apples before cooking the apple crumble? No brown sugar so which do I use ... ordinary white or castor sugar with the apples ... which to further complicate things are Braeburn eating apples not Bramley’s cooking apples. Haven’t made a crumble in years and am going to need a recipe but don’t want to waste the apples that we haven’t got round to eating !! 🤭

No - you do not pre-cook the apples.

No brown sugar so which do I use ... ordinary white or castor sugar with the apples ...

Does not matter.  I throw in a handful of raisins & a dusting of cinnamon.

For the crumble use equal quantities (weights) of plain flour, margerine & sugar.

70g each for a small one; 100g each for larger.

Bake at 160 C for 30 minutes or a bit longer.

• Thanks 1

I had been toying with making a apple pie with caramel in the bottom of the pie before filling with cooking apples, at the back end of last year I used granny smiths out of the garden. I like a sprinkling of raisins and cinnamon. Another variation of the apple pie is to alternate the cut apples with pears or plums off of the tree earlier in the season.

Regards

Alan

• Like 2

I made a vegetarian Tortilla. I saw Raymond Blanc on TV do his cheating one and it is so much easier. Use an all metal non stick frying pan and instead of using the hob bung the whole lot in the oven @ 170C for 35 mins. Came out good!

20200422_100638.jpg

• Like 2

I was thinking  yesterday, It does happen sometime.When I received texts, letters from the NHS.A phone call asking if there was anything help I needed,due to not leaving  the house.I said I was okay because  Marina could get shopping and my meds.However no one has called or written to me to see if my circumstances are the same or indeed if they've changed. I wondering if others have had any follow up on there circumstances?

Thankfully apart from my normal condition, I feel fine.I do worry when Marina leaves the house, which could affect her health. 

Today like many,I'm joining the Jet wash club.We got a new jet washer the other day .I will clean our patio, over the next few days.I cleared half of the patio on Thursday the rain helped a bit,so will start today.Also want to start painting, one of our bedrooms soon.Half way through now of my 12 weeks.I still miss not being able to go out.However thankfully  that we have a garden, and that the weather is okay.When able I will be happy to just, at first go for a walk,other then the garden.

• Like 1