St Olaves Marina

quo vadis

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

This has played a big part in my descison not to rely on shore power but to fully winterise the boat.

Having said that winterisation is a fairly easy task for my boat. Maybe a lot more difficult on your boats.

Rod

Rod, Hi

I completely agree with that. Here in Gt Hockham, just 20 miles from Brundall (as the crow flies) we had temps consistantly down to -9 to -10 overnight recently. I'm not too sure that a small greenhouse heater would have sufficed anyway.....

"On a separate but related subject we have now decided to abandon our NYE trip as our moorings at Stalham were completly frozen in last week when I was up there and as there has been no radical increase in temperatures since then the prospect of getting out look prerry grim."

We have a cunning.... plan to clear the way!!. of half the mariner on the 29th :naughty::naughty::naughty:

yup that sounds about right in terms of usage and I still think we are getting ripped off for the leccy price wise two guns

I agree Adam. When we moved to St Olaves a week and a half ago, we put 40 units in the meter. I was gobsmacked to find 4 days later 30 units had been used!! I put on another 40 units last Friday and turned the thermostat down o nthe little oil rad, and also the frost stat for the engine bay tube heaters. 3 o'clock this morning I got a text fro mthe boat saying the power had gone off as I assume it's run out again.

I've got no real choice but to put on about £50 of leccy to see us through until the office re-opens on the 5/1/2011. I would have winterised properly, except for the NYE trip......

"On a separate but related subject we have now decided to abandon our NYE trip as our moorings at Stalham were completely frozen in last week when I was up there and as there has been no radical increase in temperatures since then the prospect of getting out look pretty grim."

:

With the temps about or just above freezing, perhaps you might reconsider? At Brundall the marina is now OK. :wave:wave:wave

sorry Mark I am wrong the office closes end of today :liar

:lol: I already spoke to them yesterday to find out when they shut (midday today apparently). Anyway, I've stuck 100 units on it, so I hope that will be enough. The engine bay thermometer had read a max of +10.1 and min of +0.7 so they should be alright, but I am now a bit worried about the loo, as it's full of ice (forgot to empty it properly :( ).

With regard NYE, is anyone likely to be trying to ice break at St Olaves to get out? Serenity was frozen in solid this morning, except for the aft section around the engines, and the ice was over an inch thick. I ain't driving her through that, so I wondered if anyone wanted a hand with a tender and a boat hook on 31st to clear a path for us all .... Adam ?????

:With regard NYE, is anyone likely to be trying to ice break at St Olaves to get out? Serenity was frozen in solid this morning, except for the aft section around the engines, and the ice was over an inch thick. I ain't driving her through that, so I wondered if anyone wanted a hand with a tender and a boat hook on 31st to clear a path for us all .... Adam ?????

Let me know if ur doin that as I'd love to....come and watch :naughty:

Wayne

Let me know if ur doin that as I'd love to....come and watch :naughty:

Wayne

ha ha... :pirate :pirate

I am sure we will get plenty of help if needed...after all...

the tickets for NYE at Coldham are all on "Sea Hunter" as we speak (said in a machoey echoey voice!) :naughty::naughty::naughty:

lb :pirate :pirate :pirate